Page 1 of 2
Yeah I just checked out their site from the ad on UG.

Has anyone ever been to this? What'd its like? Is it worth the money? Are all of the kids emo? etc.

I'm thinking about going this year but it seems a bit pricy
Quote by guitarhero_764
Yeah I just checked out their site from the ad on UG.

Has anyone ever been to this? What'd its like? Is it worth the money? Are all of the kids emo? etc.

I'm thinking about going this year but it seems a bit pricy

from what ive seen it looks kinda like a rock and roll fantasy camp. i mean its called power chord academy for gods sake. I think you might have a great time there but i dont think you will really learn any amazing guitar playing skills.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Go there, but only to shred the faces off the other pop rock guitarists. While wearing leather pants, of course.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
from what ive seen it looks kinda like a rock and roll fantasy camp. i mean its called power chord academy for gods sake. I think you might have a great time there but i dont think you will really learn any amazing guitar playing skills.

They should rename it Shreducation High.

Get it? I put shred and education together... as one word!!!

Damn I'm witty sometimes.
A friend of mine is going this summer.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Gigatiran

i see what you did there

PCA sounds like a ripoff as well, but eh, i really dont have any examples to cite
Quote by Gigatiran

gaaaahhhh! he read my mind...
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Fuzzbox91

Well I was just looking to go for the fun/pro band experience not just going to a friends house and trying to make music

I wasn't really expecting to learn actual guitar skills though, since it focuses on more than just guitar it seems
To me, and since it's me I'm sure I'm right, it doesn't look like you learn anything, at least not plaing-wise. Looks more like a place to meet people and play together.

Not saying that's bad, but you can do that anywhere else for free.

Anyways it seems like they're markerting towards people who know nothing about playing instruments. The website is filled with pics of scene kids and it just seems like all the advertise is make a music video, which has nothing to do with being in a band.

My opinion: Don't go unless you're very lonely and/or retarted.
Its for all instruments,in the contests part of UG theres a PCA thing were if you win you get like a free trip i tried but i didn't win,so now they send me e-mail's saying stuff like "If you sign up now we will give you a free____" I'd go for it,and if you do go,when you come back you should make a thread about how it was.
I signed up for a contest once and won a scholarship but i signed up on an email i never check and i got the email 1 day before the deadline. I think it was like....300 bucks off or something.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
Quote by Gigatiran

I don't know why that made me laugh, but it's still sigged.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Well I was just looking to go for the fun/pro band experience not just going to a friends house and trying to make music

I wasn't really expecting to learn actual guitar skills though, since it focuses on more than just guitar it seems

There's WAY too many guitarists there. They clump you into bands with fat losers who don't fit in, sometimes 2-3 per band. They all suck, too.

There should be a UG dorm, just so we could go and routinely Beat the living sh*t out of every scene kid.
Quote by restless_thrash
There's WAY too many guitarists there. They clump you into bands with fat losers who don't fit in, sometimes 2-3 per band. They all suck, too.

There should be a UG dorm, just so we could go and routinely Beat the living sh*t out of every scene kid.

+10000000
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by restless_thrash

There should be a UG dorm

Yes!

I'm going again this year, because I get an amount of sadistic pleasure out of being better than everyone. I go with friends now, so I can actually work on decent stuff I can finish after camp ends.
Quote by Angels Fighter
we once had night of just slapping each others ass. Is that incest?

call me evan.

bass militia's pretentious dick. pm dinkydaisy.

the trap i set for you seems to've caught my leg instead.

<meh> I'm pro black penis in my bum
Quote by urik

F*ck that

Some dude eating chips and salsa
then theres the fat singer chick
I mean come on, A WOMAN SINGER?!?!?

And they're all pretty lifeless.

On topic:

All those special deals just cut out of certain expenses. You still have to pay like 1000 for other things like food, housing, PA rental, insurance, whatever.

The wise musician would spend that money on better equipment.
Or drugs. Either one is more productive than PCA.
I don't even shred
Quote by Steve The Plank
(Invalid img)

?

Ugh, that's really getting old.
Quote by strat335

I stopped listening to Dream Theater for that?

PCA = ****, don't go. I've heard so many bad experiences and if that video is serious...then that's just more reasons to not go.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Watch out for this guy:
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by joeymaxx
That's you, isn't it?

of course not. PCA is a waste. If I had that much cash to blow, I'd be buying myself some new gear.

Search the pit a little. You'll find the joke.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I'm not gonna go through my usual rant that I do in all these threads. But I'll sum it up:
Lots of fun, no matter how well you play
Doesnt teach you about playing your instrument, just about the industry
Great experience
A bit overpriced
If you have the money, I'd say go.
Quote by joeymaxx
These aren't that bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUR7KGcHT9w&feature=related <- mainly the singer makes it average

EDIT: Is it manditory to have a lame band name?

I agree with the above poster, I would tap that chick like a keg.
Did anyone else notice her pathetic attempts at skanking though? They were painful to watch.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Page 1 of 2