Hey guys, Im and 18 year old high school student, college bound for Music Performance...and I was wondering if there was any other guys out there that are in college for JAZZ guitar.

Im having trouble finding an audition piece for my audition...so if theres any Music Performance majors out there that have already auditioned...could you please recommend any pieces.

Thank you soo much!
I am applying as a music composition major with jazz guitar as my principle instrumental focus. For jazz auditions, it's ideal to play unaccompanied guitar solos, which involves chord soloing.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsAiap_BwIM

Playing with this combination allows the judges to gain insight on both your melodic playing and grasp of chord and rhythmic changes in a tasteful way.

I suggest tunes with slower paced and more traditional changes because they're easier to keep track of while playing. The above example of "What Are You Doing for the Rest of Your Life?" is a good choice. Others include "Round Midnight" and "Autumn Leaves."

And look for a lot of Joe Pass on Youtube.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
freebird

I'm just kidding. I did it in high school. Generally, I'd say try something with a lot of melodic edge to it, but i really don't have much of a clue.