well i found this
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/msg/608042370.html
just browsing stuff, seems like a good deal as i see them go for around an extra 100 on ebay, but i have a couple of questions that might not work with me

1) could this do metal, and shred, and low tunings(such as metallica, vai, and soad?)
2) if it could get high gain, i know you would need an od, but what od would be good, or should i just keep or upgrade my mt-2?
3)could this also get over a drummer, don't know how loud he plays
4) give me your opinions

thank you.
its 30 watts tube, so im sure it could get over drums, and ive actually played this amp many times and i love,love,love it, but i like more stuff like led zep,acdc tone, not metal. if you mainly play metal, ive heard peavey 5150s,or XXX's are great.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

That's a great deal.

1) could this do metal, and shred, and low tunings(such as metallica, vai, and soad?)
Although metal and shred isn't it's best use, if you have an OD and a proper guitar, you should be able to play anything.

2) if it could get high gain, i know you would need an od, but what od would be good, or should i just keep or upgrade my mt-2? Some form of tubescreamer would work, or maybe an OCD. Trash the MT2

3)could this also get over a drummer, don't know how loud he plays. Yes, this'll deafen your drummer.

4) give me your opinions. Great amp, great price, great all around.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
sell that mt-2, and get an OD. Not too sure if you could do metal on that though.
but it has a really great price. id buy it if it was in tweed color
Well, while my DOD grey 250 worked, when I boosted the level and gain, I got a very accurate Yngwie tone. So, Yngwie=Shred, so yes it can do shred. Not sure if it could do heavy metal, but shred isn't too big of a stretch for it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Just curious as to what it was going for. The ad is gone now. I bought a like new one in black off CL for $275.
289, theres another one on ny cl for 275, but it's tweed and idk were it is