I don't understand, but when I was reading some user reviews for the B-52 AT-112, they said the cleans on it are better than the F50's cleans. They complained that the F50 had "ice-pick high" cleans. Shouldn't the F50 have better cleans considering that it is a high end tube combo and the AT-112 is a budget tube amp?
Mesa fo' sho.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I wouldnt call the f50 exactly high end, but yes, they are definitely better than the at-112
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I am biased cuz i have a b 52, but i have never tried a mesa, all i know is that the b 52 has the most beautiful clean i have ever heard on any amp in my life.
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14
I'd be willing to bet that 75% of the people who reply haven't used either of those amps and is going off of reputation. I've only used the B-52 and I thought the cleans were sort of...meh.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by guitarmenace12
I am biased cuz i have a b 52, but i have never tried a mesa, all i know is that the b 52 has the most beautiful clean i have ever heard on any amp in my life.

Maybe you should play another tube amp...lol
Like a fender twin reverb. Then come back.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by guitarmenace12

Wow...just wowwwww.

Fender and Laneys > > > > > > B-52 at cleans, but the AT's have decent cleans considering the distortion they have. It's like a poor man's Mesa mixed with the cleans of a Fender FM 212. I'm getting a B-52 AT-100 head myself and it's one of the best decisions I've made in awhile.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by soul_power
I'd be willing to bet that 75% of the people who reply haven't used either of those amps and is going off of reputation. I've only used the B-52 and I thought the cleans were sort of...meh.

In case you're wondering, I actually have spent time with both amps. I've played the F-30, F-50, and even the F-100 with a Mesa Standard cab and I've played the 1x12, 2x12, and AT head with matching cab. Not everyone around here regurgitates what they read online and actually has experience with the gear they're commenting on. Sadly, many around here don't.
My guitarist owns the F-50. I think it's ok. I think its all around better then the B-52. But most amps are. a few local bands around here tried the B-52's when they came to guitar center. A cheap rectifier, That seemed to good to be true. One guy had some serious issues with his. He blew fuses everytime he turned it on. It also would lose volume while he was playing. the B-52 company wouldn't fix it because their warranty didnt cover it. Thats ****ty. Two others tolex started to come off. It was wrinkeling up and falling off. They all said they wish they would have bought something else. I would go witht the F-50 just for Mesa's duribility.
The B52's cleans aren't that bad, but the Mesa is a much better amp. I have owned the B52 AT112 combo (two of them, bad luck) and played a lot with my buddy's F50. You are comparing (in my humble opinion) two amps of very different levels of manufacture. In spite of the myth that B52's are U.S. made they are only assembled in the U.S. from Chinese components, and by the way don't sound a thing like a Mesa of any kind. Nothing wrong with a good Chinese amp, I have a different brand and I really like mine.
Quote by BBstringKing
One guy had some serious issues with his. He blew fuses everytime he turned it on. It also would lose volume while he was playing. the B-52 company wouldn't fix it because their warranty didnt cover it. Thats ****ty. Two others tolex started to come off. It was wrinkeling up and falling off. They all said they wish they would have bought something else. I would go witht the F-50 just for Mesa's duribility.

The AT's have a few issues. I'm not sure if B-52 has finally gotten around to addressing those issues or not. When I was working at a music shop, most of the B-52 AT's were dead upon arrival. The few that worked either died shortly or had issues with the input stage. There were a few AT's that worked fine, but the majority had one or more problem.

Seems like a lot of people on this forum have been buying an AT lately, so maybe B-52 has finally made a change. Anyone looking to buy an AT, be sure to sit with it for a while before taking one home.