If your looking for a great OD pedal for $100 or less, then you have to trust me when I say: BBE Green Screamer. I suggest you do what I did and you find the amp you already have, or you are planning to get and bring your own guitar to the store. Next, ask for several different overdrive pedals so you can test them. It's also important that you have them all linked together so that you can turn one off and turn another on instantly. Make sure when you are comparing the pedals that you have them all set on the exact same pedal eq. Most importantly, take your sweet time and have fun. Never give in to a sales clerk bugging you, and never be persuaded by the brand or all the reviews you've read about it. I was almost dead set on getting a TS9 till it went head to head with a Green Screamer. I tried the Maxon 808: very good, the MXR Zack Wylde: good, but changes the color of my tone on a distorted setting a little too much for my taste, the TS9: Soooooo good, doesn't change the tone hardly at all and produces a great natural OD, the TS 808: just a tiny bit better then the TS9. I would have gone with the TS9 due to the price and tone till I got to the BBE Green Screamer. I went back and forth, back and forth between each pedal and back to the Green Screamer, and it's overall the best imo. Not to mention it comes with it's own power supply, one battery lasts for a whopping 300 hours, and it's only $100. You can't and will not got go wrong with this pedal, but don't take my word for it. Go out and do exactly what I did and make a decision based on what your ear thinks and not on what a bunch of guys in a forums says. Happy hunting.
damn 08'ers

Just kidding. Thanks for the info, ill make sure to check one out.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
yes.....

I would still rather have a Timmy. You can't get any better at any price. Stupid nine month wait...
Quote by colin617
yes.....

I would still rather have a Timmy. You can't get any better at any price. Stupid nine month wait...

psst...Wait for a zendrive is down to a month
Quote by Roc8995
psst...Wait for a zendrive is down to a month

Zendrive into a Budda? I think I may be turning into Joe Bonamassa, just, you know, without the mad skillz.

Also, we have the same name. Sweet!
Quote by colin617
Zendrive into a Budda? I think I may be turning into Joe Bonamassa, just, you know, without the mad skillz.

Also, we have the same name. Sweet!

how is the carbon copy, btw?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
how is the carbon copy, btw?

Its alright. For the money, there aren't many other options that will sound as good (ThunderTweak and Earthquaker Devices are the only two I know of). The modulation can produce some pretty sweet delay tricks and the delay is rich and full.

I'll probably go back to using the Replica shortly.
What it comes down to is that mid-hump. If you like the sound of your amp and want a transparent boost, give the BBE a try. If you want that mid-hump give the TS9 a try.
What it comes down to is that mid-hump. If you like the sound of your amp and want a transparent boost, give the BBE a try. If you want that lack of bass give the TS9 a try.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rnadall RG50TC. I want something that will tighten the distortion up at little
learn to use paragraphs.

get a digitech bad monkey.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
whats with all the Tubescreamer threads? At least 10 of them in the last couple of days. Am I the only one who have seen them all?
Quote by macaroni
learn to use paragraphs.

I was waiting for someone to say something. I got to the third sentence and didn't want to continue in that mess. I really could care less about how others write online, but if you've got a lot to say at least give it some form.