hey guys, i was wondering if its safe to plug my amp headphone jack into my computers microphone input jack on the front of my computers box to do some simple recording ( i know the quality will be pretty bad ) i want to ask because i need to make sure it wolnt ruin anything on my amp. Thanks and its a spider III 120 if it matters.
Last edited by chickenx5 at Mar 17, 2008,
Its safe, I've done this countless times

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
its safe but (on my computer at least) the horrible static and quality was so bad i just stopped.
i use a mic now, sounds pretty decent.

maybe its just my computer, sometimes the mic does wierd things...i might have a funky soundcard or something

but you won't do damage.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by hightension01
+1

i see the Spyder sharks got to you too

Whats that supposed to mean? Not a fan of an all tube amp?

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
heh, not an all tube spider.

sure theyre decent, but theres better out there, why throw your cash out the window??
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
it safe, but since the signal it's sending is above line level, you will have to cut the input volume to avoid clipping.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by nvranka
heh, not an all tube spider.

sure theyre decent, but theres better out there, why throw your cash out the window??

My cash didn't go out the window its sitting right next to my guitars and if you dont like it just move on.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by isaac311
Whats that supposed to mean? Not a fan of an all tube amp?

what the hell are you talking about? line 6 JUST came out with the half tube spider. they're basically big cheap vox's. now stop talking and think you moron.
Quote by hendrixmusicman
what the hell are you talking about? line 6 JUST came out with the half tube spider. they're basically big cheap vox's. now stop talking and think you moron.

check your facts and grow up. Its been available for a while and it has tubes in the pre amp and power amp. What does this have to do with original poster's question? Nothing. Post something useful or dont post.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
start with the volume on the amp at 0 and increase it really slowly. too much signal and it will clip and sound horrible.