ok so random question about the band As I LAy Dying

are they a christian band?

because they dont seem the stereotypical christian rock band, and ive seen like satanists listening to them, maybe without knowing? my brother seems to think so, is it true? its kinda cool if it is but w/e

any1?

thx
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Who cares if they're Christian?

They're still a suck ass metalcore band.

I have to ask, are you retarded? I just get that vibe from you.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Satanists can't listen to Christian bands now?

Say whaaat? Besides you don't want to listen to As I lay Dying anyway, I'm doing you a favor.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
haha omg im not saying i like them, can some1 just answer my question so i can settle this with my dumbass brother?

jesusss h christ!
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Quote by led_zeppelin678
haha omg im not saying i like them, can some1 just answer my question so i can settle this with my dumbass brother?

jesusss h christ!

Yes they are a christian band. Their name also comes from the title of a book if you didn't know.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by led_zeppelin678
ok so random question about the band As I LAy Dying

are they a christian band?

because they dont seem the stereotypical christian rock band, and ive seen like satanists listening to them, maybe without knowing? my brother seems to think so, is it true? its kinda cool if it is but w/e

any1?

thx

the guys in the band are Christian

but the music they make is not

like my band
Quote by diditfortehlulz

Wow this guy just destroyed you. Hahaha
read their lyrics. they are.
and for the record, anyone can listen to anything they want
Yep they're Christian. I've never seen an AILD hater in my life.

UG, you have betrayed me.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by diditfortehlulz

I have to ask, are you a giant anus? Because a load of shit just streamed out of you.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I'm not a Christian, but I like the uplifting lyrics.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I have to ask, are you a giant anus? Because a load of shit just streamed out of you.

No sir, I am not.

PS: You = Epic Fail

Dunno why, just cuz.
Now it's 1984
they chill with jesus during the day... and party with the devil during the night.

true dat.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by diditfortehlulz
No sir, I am not.

PS: You = Epic Fail

Dunno why, just cuz.

Because that's the most solid argument ever thought up in the history of time.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by metalhead987
read their lyrics. they are.
and for the record, anyone can listen to anything they want

nuh uh, if you don't listen to what listen to then you're stupid
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
Quote by Gunpowder
Because that's the most solid argument ever thought up in the history of time.

Isn't it?
Now it's 1984
As I Lay Dying is more like 5 Christians in a band, and the influences of their faith sometimes shine through in the lyrics.
Who dat?
book was better
Member #11 of the "I Survived UG PWNED Day" Club

Member of the "I'm allowed to like the Dead Kennedys AND underOATH AND Public Enemy" Club

I am the Wrath Of God. The Earth I walk will see me and tremble.
what's so bad about them?
their choruses are actually pretty catchy
dont tell you guys are hatin on them cause they sold out...
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by Anarion614
As I Lay Dying is more like 5 Christians in a band, and the influences of their faith sometimes shine through in the lyrics.

/thread.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
yes they are christian, they even say so on there website. Read their lyrics, and you will know. Just because they scream doesn't make them satanists lol
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by davidson22
yes they are christian, they even say so on there website. Read their lyrics, and you will know. Just because they scream doesn't make them satanists lol

It may not make them Satanists, but being a Christian metal band kinda makes them hypocrites. As I recall, metal always had a lot to do with rebellion and scaring people. Christianity, on the other hand, basically relies on people blindly believing the Bible. I'm not dissing either here, even though I'm not a huge fan, but they don't mix. Rebellion sprouts from questioning while faith basically comes from not questioning.

TIME PARADOX!!!
/rant
Quote by mrwaffles
It may not make them Satanists, but being a Christian metal band kinda makes them hypocrites. As I recall, metal always had a lot to do with rebellion and scaring people. Christianity, on the other hand, basically relies on people blindly believing the Bible. I'm not dissing either here, even though I'm not a huge fan, but they don't mix. Rebellion sprouts from questioning while faith basically comes from not questioning.

Personally I see Christians as some of the biggest rebels in the world.
Who dat?
Quote by Anarion614
Personally I see Christians as some of the biggest rebels in the world.

Rebelling against what? Reason? Logic? Babies? I'm just throwing those out there, not implying anything.
Quote by mrwaffles

Who cares what metal has dealt with in the past. It's a style of music not a life style or religious view on life. People can play what ever style of music they wish, it doesn't change who they are. Their lyrics are true to them, very true and meaningful.
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by mrwaffles

/rant

Rebellion =/= Aggressive Music

A lot of these kids gain a lot of influence through Metal bands. They just take what they learn from listening to that style of music and apply their beliefs to it. A certain type of music does not always link to a certain idea. Lyrics change the ideas of the music, not the notes played.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Quote by mrwaffles
Rebelling against what? Reason? Logic? Babies? I'm just throwing those out there, not implying anything.

Well, I suppose it depends on your viewpoint, obviously.

It's extremely easy to sleep with whoever you want, curse, sin...

Meh, nvm. I'd start on a religious rant that would get me flamed/asked to move to the religion thread, so whatever.

My basic point is that metal is a style of music. This metal happens to have some Christian dudes in it. Good stuff.
Who dat?
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
Rebellion =/= Aggressive Music

A lot of these kids gain a lot of influence through Metal bands. They just take what they learn from listening to that style of music and apply their beliefs to it. A certain type of music does not always link to a certain idea. Lyrics change the ideas of the music, not the notes played.

Meh, whatever floats their boat. As long as I still get to sit back and listen to my ska and whatnot, I'm fine with whatever these bands want to do.
To the TS: ...I dont like you...
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by diditfortehlulz

cuz everyones heard of you and you have a huge fan base right?

and lets not forget your website, fanclub, and million hits on myspace.

yup, they sure do suck ass.

but if they suck ass, id hate to see what you suck.
Quote by led_zeppelin678
ive seen like satanists listening to them

thx

No you haven't. No real satanist would listen to that band, whether they were christian or not.

^ those thing listed do not constitute a "good" band.
Last edited by technicolour at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by steee21
My mother is a fish.

+1 to the first meaningful thing posted in this thread.
Quote by led_zeppelin678

jesusss h christ!

Waiiit... Jesus's middle name starts with an H? What is it?

I was always under the impression that is full name was Jesus Fucking Christ.