so say if for example, two 5k pickups were in unison or phase, then they would make a 10k hb??
Not exactly. They're likely to be wired in parallel, which is how pickups are usually wired together.

Humbuckers are two coils wired in series, and even is two single coils are wired in series, they don't exactly sound like a humbucker. Different magnet construction, different materials, and the coils not quite as close together as in a humbucker configuraton.
hmm fair enough, i've heard good things about their pickups though, is this true? I'm thinking of the GFS "Premium II" Alnico II, Hand Bevelled Strat Set anyone have any experience/sound bites of these? thanks
Quote by forsaknazrael
Not exactly. They're likely to be wired in parallel, which is how pickups are usually wired together.

Humbuckers are two coils wired in series, and even is two single coils are wired in series, they don't exactly sound like a humbucker. Different magnet construction, different materials, and the coils not quite as close together as in a humbucker configuraton.

True, but you will get a pretty useful and hotter 'faux-humbucker' tone.

order up a custom $60 Strat pickguard with three holes,

This guy needs to cut the crap, or get a new parts supplier.
Quote by mr_hankey
True, but you will get a pretty useful and hotter 'faux-humbucker' tone.

Yeah, you're right about that.

Quote by Babylou
any1?

Relax...You posted when everyone would be asleep...Give it some time.

Quote by Babylou
hmm fair enough, i've heard good things about their pickups though, is this true? I'm thinking of the GFS "Premium II" Alnico II, Hand Bevelled Strat Set anyone have any experience/sound bites of these? thanks

From what I know, they're okay pickups for the money, but not everything that GFS makes them out to be, as far as construction, material and little details go.
Relax...You posted when everyone would be asleep...Give it some time.

Im English, so i posted at two in the afternoon, ...even i don't sleep until that late Didn't think form an American time-frame in mind, sorry
It's all good, I understand.

BTW, now that I know you're English, i'd be more inclined to recommend you get something pickups from somewhere like Bareknuckle Pickups, Swineshead, or RockMonkeyGuitars.com

WAY better than GFS. And the latter two companies are still affordable. In fact, RMG gives a 10% discount to UG members.
i know, i've been talking to RMG lots, about many projects its just that GFS are dirt cheap, i was quoted 125£ from RMG, which is still reasonable, its just that i don't have that much to spend on pickups at the moment, and because the GFS ones were sold out i assumed they were good bang for buck.
lol, goddammit, gona have to put on the old mugging coat.... By me some RMG's