you and/or people step on them. This happens to me all the time! And what makes it worse is that, it kills my cable when you step on it and I can't use it anymore, any suggestions on a cable that doesn't die when I or people accidently step on it?
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
buy cables that have lifetime warranty. that way, when they break you can get a new one for free.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Planet waves makes some pretty good cables I guess, but you should really try not to step on them.
Looking for a new sig!
Hadn't thought of that.....
It's hard not to, I mean they get tangled and when I'm not paying attention and step down they just get ruined....
Quote by jonathan92

i have the same problem. ive screwed up like 3 cords that way. makes me angry because i dont get to use my pedals until i get a new one.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
i have the same problem. ive screwed up like 3 cords that way. makes me angry because i dont get to use my pedals until i get a new one.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
never happened to me.
i use 5 dollar 20 foot cables from my local music store lol.
but i imagine if i can ever get a band that won't gay out on me and i play a live gig i'll just use my wireless system...if i can find the power supply.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
To Raider: I know how you feel.
Why is everyone copying everyone today?
Quote by jonathan92

hmm i own planet wave cables, and they're pretty sturdy... i don't step on dem, well maybe i do but usually on carpet..so they don't wreck. it also improves tone, less feedback if u have any and all taht. pretty good
Feed your cable around and through your strap and into the input jack. This way if anyone steps on your cable by accident, you've got a little slack and the cable won't rip out of the input and smack on the floor. I've been doing that little trick ever since my brother came up to tell me something during a practice and stepped on my cable.
Feed your cable around and through your strap and into the input jack. This way if anyone steps on your cable by accident, you've got a little slack and the cable won't rip out of the input and smack on the floor. I've been doing that little trick ever since your sister came up to tell me something during a practice and stepped on my cable.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Feed your cable around and through your strap and into the input jack. This way if anyone steps on your cable by accident, you've got a little slack and the cable won't rip out of the input and smack on the floor. I've been doing that little trick ever since your sister came up to tell me something during a practice and stepped on my cable.
Good idea. Or look down before you start turning somersaults onstage.
Quote by kool98769

I'm not sure what you're up to, but very nice answer.
Quote by uldhppi
Good idea. Or look down before you start turning somersaults onstage.

actually, i just copied the dudes above me post, and changed 2 words.
But for real, it will never come out because the cable is tensioned from the input to the strap, and then is free to move.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
just get some monster cables, lifetime guarentee, just ship it back to them and get your replacement. no better company than them.
^lol monster cables are a joke.

However I use live wires and some cheap green 30ft cable from musicians friend and neither of those have given out on me. Had the cheap green one since last october and its been put through a fail deal of wear and tear but still keeps goin.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by kool98769

You are a legend.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
i`ve been using Roadhog cables for along time now.... but as i found out the new ones suck i wanna get a wireless system anyway..... i wouldn`t mid checking out the monstercables too... there killer for home theater use, wonder if the Guitar cables are just as good, probly REALLY freaking expenive though just like there A/V cables
Never happens to me, and I have the ****tiest cables (Horizon, I think? Ernie Ball for my patch cables) that cost my like 5 -7 bucks each. I've had them for like 3 years, never had a problem. And I don't take care of my gear. I toss it, I twist it, I drop it, I step on it...I don't gig much, and only have done so in the last 6 months, but still.

I like to think that if anything can survive a couple months with me, it's road worthy.
Quote by Slayerdeath
i`ve been using Roadhog cables for along time now.... but as i found out the new ones suck i wanna get a wireless system anyway..... i wouldn`t mid checking out the monstercables too... there killer for home theater use, wonder if the Guitar cables are just as good, probly REALLY freaking expenive though just like there A/V cables

Roadhog cables are crap. They're cheap for a reason.
I've never had a cable die on me before, sounds like you have some really bad cables because think about it... they're on the ground so they're going to get stepped on sometime, if they die because of a little weight on them I would really rethink buying those p.o.s. cables again.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've never had a cable die on me before, sounds like you have some really bad cables because think about it... they're on the ground so they're going to get stepped on sometime, if they die because of a little weight on them I would really rethink buying those p.o.s. cables again.

I would maybe lose weight?

Buy cables that at least have a metal sheath around their jack, like on the Ernie Ball ones. Mine have those, and like I said, have held up like a champ.