Poll: Whichun?
Poll Options
View poll results: Whichun?
Squier JagMaster
2 33%
Squier Modified SSH Telecaster
4 67%
Voters: 6.
this is not like every other gay idk which one thread. i have an idea, because i've played them both. if you haven't played them, i'd appreciate if you don't give me "SQUIER SUCKSL RO LROALROFLFROFL OLOL!" comments. you don't know what you're talking about. they're both VERY nice for the cash (if you dont believe me, eitehr play one or check the reviews.) i just cant decide between the 2

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Jagmaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=519635

Squier JagMaster

alder body, **** pickups (they dont sound horrible, but eventually i'll replace them...not now), maple neck, 24" scale, which is pretty short. the guitar is a normal size, but yeah. it's pretty small.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Telecaster-SSH-Electric-Guitar?sku=512574

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster SSH

The pickups go h s s from the neck to the bridge. the humbucker is a mini humbucker, so replacing it will be sorta tough, but not too hard. indian red cedar (jesus christ, SCORE!), maple neck, maple fingerboard, glossed neck

good stuff. i like the tele more. but i also wonder, if i changed the guage to .12-.52, then got it set up again (or just got it set up with the strings on there in the first place and say its not set up at guitar center or somethin. idk. but for jazz, it sounded good. but if you could answer...

THE STRINGS QUESTION!

As well as the other questions, that would make my day.
Of the two the Tele has the best reputation on UG. I think the neck pickup on the Tele would be great for jazz. If I were you I would just have it set up with the strings you want. A good setup makes all the difference in the world, not just the strings but the harmonics and truss-rod adjustment. You can also check for any sharp fret ends (which can slip through quality control in almost all production brands) and have them dressed while you are at it.
Its only been like 10 minutes...

And Squire's suck, period. They arn't good for the cash, I'd rather get an Agile for about the same as a squire. And you can't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I've owned a squire and HATED it.

As for strings, stick to .9-.42 or close to that unless you plan on doing crazy drop tunings, then you'll need a set of .12s.
Last edited by The Charm at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by The Charm
Its only been like 10 minutes...

And Squire's suck, period. They arn't good for the cash, I'd rather get an Agile for about the same as a squire. And you can't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because I've owned a squire and HATED it.

As for strings, stick to .9-.42 or close to that unless you plan on doing crazy drop tunings, then you'll need a set of .12s.

i CAN tell you that you don't know what you're talking about. and i'm going to.

if you play JAZZ, you probably shouldn't use 9-42s, and not to act like i dont need help here, but i specificly said up there, if you haven't played these guitars, i dont need to hear your noob ****. k? k.
Quote by uldhppi
Of the two the Tele has the best reputation on UG. I think the neck pickup on the Tele would be great for jazz. If I were you I would just have it set up with the strings you want. A good setup makes all the difference in the world, not just the strings but the harmonics and truss-rod adjustment. You can also check for any sharp fret ends (which can slip through quality control in almost all production brands) and have them dressed while you are at it.

thanks, that's what i figured i would do. i read that one electric guitar sticky and i looked at the guitar when i was at the store. theirs wasnt set up and looked a tad off on the neck for a tele (the neck was bent inwards a tad) but yea, it sounded good. the harmonics were off. so yea, thanks.