Hey all!,
I'm in a bit of a pickle! I'm stuck between what my next guitar would be. Either a Ibanez s320 or a Schecter C-1 FR. At the mo im playing an epiphone les paul standard, and i feel this is too big, body and neckwise, it was heavvyyy and not giving the right sound i want! (the person who was buying it for me loved les pauls and i think was trying to turn me in to slash lmao) it seemed to...muddy, not crisp enough, and I couldn't do some of the stuff i wanted to. So I want to go smaller! I did have a crappy strat lookalike as my first guitar and that was nice but I dunno if i want a strat personally. I like stuff like van halen, motley crue, bon jovi all them types of sounds! bombs, tapping etc. Its just out of these two guitars ive seen, what would be better? I like a thin neck, a nice crisp sound and its gota be light! If you can think of any other guitars ill look into it!
Cheers!

Chris
Well the S is killer-sounding and looks great. No opinion on the Schecter though; i have never played one.

I dunno, personally Ibanez. The ZR trem is pretty good too.....m'kay?
lol at the never ending battle between ibanez and schecter

i'd go for the ibanez for the zr trem and S models are really light guitars and also very comfortable to play
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I love schecter. I dont find Ibanez's built with quallity parts.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
If he wants a thin neck shouldn't he pretty much stay away from Schecters? I've never played one, but everyone on here says they have pretty thick necks...
Quote by chr1ssyboy
Hey all!,
I'm in a bit of a pickle! I'm stuck between what my next guitar would be. Either a Ibanez s320 or a Schecter C-1 FR. At the mo im playing an epiphone les paul standard, and i feel this is too big, body and neckwise, it was heavvyyy and not giving the right sound i want! (the person who was buying it for me loved les pauls and i think was trying to turn me in to slash lmao) it seemed to...muddy, not crisp enough, and I couldn't do some of the stuff i wanted to. So I want to go smaller! I did have a crappy strat lookalike as my first guitar and that was nice but I dunno if i want a strat personally. I like stuff like van halen, motley crue, bon jovi all them types of sounds! bombs, tapping etc. Its just out of these two guitars ive seen, what would be better? I like a thin neck, a nice crisp sound and its gota be light! If you can think of any other guitars ill look into it!
Cheers!

Chris

i have both..main things are if yu want the hassle of a floyd or the great tonepros bridge (enhances attack and clarity of notes IMO) and neck thickness

ibanez.

thin neck and body..single coil Z trem (nice)for nice middle sounds Stock pups

schecter

thicker neck thru body tonepros bridge (nice) EMGs (not bad at all tho)
yea was thinking about them necks. Its just i was watching vids on youtube of the two and they both sounded really nice. Also with the Schecter id have to ship it in ;/. But with the Ibanez its ordered into a shop couples of hours away
Unless you want to spend at least $1000 USD you might want to avoid floating trems. Licensed Floyd Rose and most (but not all) Ibanez trems on lower-priced models tend to wear out and/or won't stay in tune.
To me the Schecters and the Ibanez's at the same price point are equal in quality. It's your call.
If you want a light guitar with a thin neck, you want the Ibanez.
Go get your shovel.
I think at low costs Schecters are better than Ibanezes, but it's largely due to the different woods for me.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
You'll probably get better value for the Schecter. There great for quality at low price.

Get the Schecter. I find only the top end Ibanez' are worth your money. The others are...pretty ****ty.
The Schecter is going to have a slightly thicker neck, but its a set-neck instead of a bolt-on, big plus IMO. Also, for the C-1 FR, I have heard nothing but good reviews, which is not true for the Ibanez. The Schecter feels more "real" to me, but its all going to come down you playing both guitars if able and seeing this for yourself.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Id go for the C-1

I think you getting a little bit better of a guitar wood/hardware wise.
I love my Schecter to death.. I don't think I've ever played an Ibanez that felt as good as a 600 dollar Schecter.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I know there is a ton of LFR bashing, but dear god people if you just apply some oil to the edge when you string it a LFR is going to take a LONG time to totally wear down, and even then it's only $50-$80 to replace.

Honestly, I'd go for the schecter. I played one sat and I loved it. But I hate Ibanez, so I might not be the best opinion lol.
go for the Ibanez S320 it's a great guitar and it's well built imo.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by Dark_Raven10
I love schecter. I dont find Ibanez's built with quallity parts.

XD

1. He didn't ask if you loved the brand.

2. Ibanez has better quality than any schector as long as the price range is the same.

Anyway, you can tap on any guitar, and epiphones are just horrible I have one myself and after a few weeks you realize how cheap and poor they're made. Along with all chinese and most of Korean guitars.

What you have isn't even a real strat, and that isn't a LP but since you don't like the weight I'd suggest Ibanez but if you get a trem guitar around 500$ it won't stay in tune. I'd atleast get an Ibanez with a Edge pro made in Japan. Prestige if you can.

Last edited by nan0 at Mar 18, 2008,
get the rgt42dx

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512358&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=44504434

ITs got the best neck i have ever tried. Neckthrough body
Neck is thin
Mahogany body
Decent pickups
Good floyd rose tremolo (I divebomb with mines and it does not go out of tune)
Stays in tune like forever

And it's my favorite guitar. I also have a 1500 gary kramer which is awesome

If 700 is your budget the rgt42dx ibanez is the best value I have seen as far as electrics are concerned. I dare anyone to prove me wrong. Neckthrough body and mohagony is gonna give you the best tone ever.
^ Edge III Bridges are not floyd rose tremolo's, nor do they hold up well.
Go get your shovel.
Most of you Ibanez fan boys are so ignorant about Korean built guitars.. The higher end ones are better quality than **** you find in Japan, and I've actually witnessed this first hand with my friends MIJ Jackson and my Hellraiser so I actually have something to back my opinions up. These were 2 600ish guitars, one of the Jackson's pots crapped out and there was a horrible rattling noise whenever you played, he sold the guitar 2 months after he bought it.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Schecter C-1 Classic. I want one...but i feel i have too many guitars. I think i'll get it in a year or two.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
I have both, a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and an Ibanez S620EXQM, but I love the Schecter so much more than my Ibanez. The neck really doesn't make a difference after you play the guitar for more than 30 minutes. If you are looking for versatility, definitely go with the Schecter. They're like a cross between a Gibson and an Ibanez, at least to me. I'd say go with the C-1.