Like when I show somebody a song and like tell them to listen to a part and I get shivers down my spine and they have no reaction, it makes me extremely angry. I seem to get emotionally drawn into music very easily while most people i know just listen. My mom for instance gets absolutely nothing from music.
What do you guys think of the difference of feelings with music and the way someone listens to it? Or times when this has happened and you just feel like hitting them?

Edit: I agree that personal taste comes into play but I'm more talking about how some people just don't feel anything from music. Just something to keep silence away. My mom for example, doesn't listen to music at all and literally if I'm like hey wait listen to this part coming up, she'll just be like o.k turn it off.
Last edited by bTOMd at Mar 17, 2008,
I don't really 'get' much music either I just like the sound.

To each his own.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
It may not be their taste. Some of my friends don't "get" metal, while it does quite a bit for me. So when I show them a song...no reaction. Same goes for when they show me a song of a genre that I don't find particularly compelling.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
For me, it really depends on the song. The first time I listened to the full version of the meatspin song, I got a huge adrenaline rush and did a bunch of pushups. Sadly. Other times, I just listen and say 'oh thats cool/stupid.'
no but a similar thing happens to me. i'll tell a person to listen for a specific part and they can't hear it but it's clearly there to me. that makes me mad but it's just my musicians ear
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
I get chills when me and my friend are jammin out together (him on drums, me on guitar) and we do something that sounds so awesome together that it would seem like we planned it but we had no intention of doing it. I love it, it just puts the biggest grin on my face.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
I know what you mean.
Like the part at the end of Showbiz by Muse, when Matt goes extremely high, gives chills down my spine, while others just kinda go, oh, cool, or say that they suck.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Nobody seems to GET ska aside from me and a few friends. Ska can easily make a sh*tty day much better.
Great example of this is Hurt by NIN. I get instantly sad everytime I hear it, but sadly not many people can honestly have there mood affected by music....
My sister said that her music is better then mine because it gives a good message (Hannah Montanna...ect.) I listen to Bands like Tool, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, ect..
I know the shivers you are talking about...I always get them from 4:25-5:40 (esp. at 5:00) of Underoath's "Giving Up Hurts the Most" and in Haste the Day's "American Love" from 2:20 until the end of the song...you should check them out
I know that shivery feeling.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by RPGoof
For me, it really depends on the song. The first time I listened to the full version of the meatspin song, I got a huge adrenaline rush and did a bunch of pushups. Sadly. Other times, I just listen and say 'oh thats cool/stupid.'

you got an adrenaline rush......from meatspin?
Quote by bTOMd
Like when I show somebody a song and like tell them to listen to a part and I get shivers down my spine and they have no reaction, it makes me extremely angry. I seem to get emotionally drawn into music very easily while most people i know just listen. My mom for instance gets absolutely nothing from music.
What do you guys think of the difference of feelings with music and the way someone listens to it? Or times when this has happened and you just feel like hitting
them?

This is exactly how I feel, I just don't get how music is just background noise for some people, I mean, I can see it not being your life as much as it is mine, but when I hear something amazing, and I get really into, some people laugh, and I get really pissed. Other people, in music class, jam bands, whatever, who dont practice, because they were "too busy playing video games" really piss me off. Some people get energy from other people, some people get it from themselves, but for me, it's music* and I just dont get how people can be different....

/rant

*by this I mean, music rules my emotion, and makes me want to get up and DO something.
Quote by mrwaffles
Nobody seems to GET ska aside from me and a few friends. Ska can easily make a sh*tty day much better.

You can't not grin listening to ska, that's as sound a fact as tacos are delicious
yeah, i hate that. my friend who used to play bass never feels anything from music, and it just makes me mad lol.
Quote by ratmblink123
I know what you mean.
Like the part at the end of Showbiz by Muse, when Matt goes extremely high, gives chills down my spine, while others just kinda go, oh, cool, or say that they suck.

I don't understand how some people can't get into muse...
when people complain that artists are overrated when they're rich and famous and the person isn't.
My girlfriend just doesnt get Iron Maiden like i do... :s
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
o man dear god by a7x when it hits the acoustic part and when he says "o how i miss someone to hold when hope begins to fade" gets me every time man
Quote by hugmeplz

I don't understand how some people can't get into muse...

I know. Muse just sinks in to me. Matt's voice in that one part in Showbiz that goes "they make MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" just floors me.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
I hate it when people take the lyrics word for word and are like "oh my god this song teaches horrible lessons."

For instance, Bad Habit by the Offspring.
"Open the glovebox, reach inside, gonna wreck this ****er's ride."

and people go "OMG THIS SONGS TEACHING KIDS TO SHOOT PEOPLE IN THE CAR"

No, that is not what the song is about. That wasn't a wonderful example, but I hope you get what I mean.
I get shivers down my spine every time I hear the solo for Whole Lotta Love. I'll make my friend listen to it, and the won't even react. BUt then again, they listen to the radio and techno.
Quote by Liberation
It's their own damn choice.

well, no shit, sherlock!
I was telling you guys that it mad me mad! See, I'm allowed to be mad at those things, aren't I?
Quote by whosamerica
when people complain that artists are overrated when they're rich and famous and the person isn't.

or when they think overrated is a nicer way of saying somebody/something sucks and use it to address everything that they don't like that somebody else likes
Quote by D-Fens
I know. Muse just sinks in to me. Matt's voice in that one part in Showbiz that goes "they make MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" just floors me.

Yeah, one of my very top favourite Muse songs.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I just like music cause it sounds good
Same reason why people at my old school were chucking tomatoes at the ceiling
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
It doesn't matter. I don't "get" a lot of art, or films. I never understood what my ex-missus saw in Klimpt's work, for example. Same way she never quite saw what was so good about Jimi.
Quote by Mike!
I was telling you guys that it mad me mad! See, I'm allowed to be mad at those things, aren't I?

You are allowed to get mad, but it's silly to get mad over a different opinion than yours. We're all guilty of it, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable.

I've played songs for people and they haven't thought much of them, and people have played songs for me and I've had the same reaction. It's different from person to person. Just let it go.
MY brother doesn't "get" music, in the sense that he doesn't really need to listen to it. I don't get why he loves computers so much.
it makes me mad too.

i like music because it draws out of me emotions which i cant describe. but when i show it to someone and its just another sound to them, i get really annoyed

it frustrates me that when i try to explain that to most people, they have no idea what im talking about, too.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
I get into my music too much. If it gives me chills it's the best.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Bryaaaaan350
I know the shivers you are talking about...I always get them from 4:25-5:40 (esp. at 5:00) of Underoath's "Giving Up Hurts the Most" and in Haste the Day's "American Love" from 2:20 until the end of the song...you should check them out

yahmon, but i feel more emotion where dallas starts to sing well uh.. growl in the song cires of the past better
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com