yes i know these come up ALL the time. but i want some opinions for myself.

im looking into a new amp, i usually play metal. im also just starting a new metal band. and were looking to get pretty serious with it. so u guys get the idea of the sound im looking for here. but i also like to incorperate clean tones into my stuff once in a while.

at the moment all i have is a crappy 15w drive amp that ive had for about 3 years now. id like somthing a little bigger but not overly expensive that would work with my style.

ive been looking into Line6, but i hear they arent all that great. id like 2 keep it below $350, at the very most. im open to any suggestions right now. id appericiate if u guys could post links with ur suggestions so i can get a look at them.

thanks for ur help

8]:]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
line 6 are actually pretty good, IF you get teh tube version

[hides]
the digital ones are good too, but not for everything
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
i use a line6 spider II and i get a sick metal tone (my guitar has EMGS). the only thing is that if the volume gets too high it feedsback but thats true with all solid state amps.
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112
i was lookin into a spider lll 30w. those any good? i honestly dont know alot about them

and my ESP has emgs on it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Watch me as i Rock on...
The Line 6 Spider III's are good dude!
I have never tried the Spider Valve though. I've heard it's great when it comes to metal sounds.
I personally like my 75W Spider III. Its very durable and flexible with sounds.
I can go from Meshuggah --> Steve Vai sound --> Beatles sound --> Even softer...
But when played loud with maxed volume on the guitar you may want to get a Compressor or a Noise Gate. The Spider III's built in Noise Gate is efficient until the volume goes wayyy high, like a bit past 1/4.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
yeah dude def i love rocking the ESP w/ EMG. but i am trying to upgrade to a tube half stack, maybe a vht?
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112
This thread is full of fail. Loads of it.

TS, get a Valveking or a Randall 50TC. Don't listen to these failures...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
awsome. i just want somthing better than my current amp. and i really want somthing with better distortion. my amp is barely cutting it right now. and its like the most basic of any amp ive ever seen in my life.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Watch me as i Rock on...
sounds like anything will be an improvement in your case. so ill tell you what not to get.
DONT BUY: Fenders, Crates, Ibanez, Epiphone, or cheap marshalls
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112
Quote by rokat91
sounds like anything will be an improvement in your case. so ill tell you what not to get.
DONT BUY: Fenders, Crates, Ibanez, Epiphone, cheap marshalls, or Line6 Spiders

*fixed*

BTW, your wrong.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
wow , well if he cant afford a mesa half stack he has to make the best of his situation so get the tampon out of your ass. we are supposed to be helping this kid out
Gear
-----------
LTD M-1000 (soon)
LTD EC-400
LTD F-50
Spider II 112
well before this becomes a giant fight over nothing, thanks for the suggestions. ill be sure to look them up.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by rokat91
wow , well if he cant afford a mesa half stack he has to make the best of his situation so get the tampon out of your ass. we are supposed to be helping this kid out

Sure, but we are also not suggesting he buy crappy gear that he is gonna replace in the next couple months...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
I'd suggest on staying away from the line6 spiders. I have a 15. My friend has a 30. When I crank the thing, it gets an immense amount of feedback. The clean channel is okay, I can live with it, But the rest aren't that great for jamming/recording/gigging. In your bedroom it's good enough.

Also Solid state amps aren't really meant to be cranked to the max, and the cheap one's usually produce a lot of negative feedback. While on the other hand tube amps were meant to be cranked, so might I suggest an used valveking, because I liked the valveking's metal tone + the clean channel is amazing.

Oh yeah one more thing, don't think that I'm in the typical line6 sucks bandwagon. Because I own one and I personally think they are great amps when you are going to sit in your room practicing, But the big day when you have to go out there and play a show, you are going to regret getting the amp.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
I'd suggest on staying away from the line6 spiders. I have a 15. My friend has a 30. When I crank the thing, it gets an immense amount of feedback. The clean channel is okay, I can live with it, But the rest aren't that great for jamming/recording/gigging. In your bedroom it's good enough.

Also Solid state amps aren't really meant to be cranked to the max, and the cheap one's usually produce a lot of negative feedback. While on the other hand tube amps were meant to be cranked, so might I suggest an used valveking, because I liked the valveking's metal tone + the clean channel is amazing.

Oh yeah one more thing, don't think that I'm in the typical line6 sucks bandwagon. Because I own one and I personally think they are great amps when you are going to sit in your room practicing, But the big day when you have to go out there and play a show, you are going to regret getting the amp.

then whats a good amp for say like a band practice? right now we r just starting 2 get things together so shows arent a big deal YET. but id like somthing that can benefit me in the future also, if and when the time comes. but like i said shows arent a big deal at the moment
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Watch me as i Rock on...
I would go with something like the Valveking. It is a good amp, and packs a great punch. Especially for how much it costs.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I would go with something like the Valveking. It is a good amp, and packs a great punch. Especially for how much it costs.

could u post a good link to where i could check it out?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Raiderkid38
yes i know these come up ALL the time. but i want some opinions for myself.

im looking into a new amp, i usually play metal. im also just starting a new metal band. and were looking to get pretty serious with it. so u guys get the idea of the sound im looking for here. but i also like to incorperate clean tones into my stuff once in a while.

at the moment all i have is a crappy 15w drive amp that ive had for about 3 years now. id like somthing a little bigger but not overly expensive that would work with my style.

ive been looking into Line6, but i hear they arent all that great. id like 2 keep it below $350, at the very most. im open to any suggestions right now. id appericiate if u guys could post links with ur suggestions so i can get a look at them.

thanks for ur help

8]:]
1 - Go to a guitar store

2 - Play through the amps you are interested in.

3 - ?????????

4 - PROFIT!!!

... and by profit, I mean you will form some opinions for yourself.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
1 - Go to a guitar store

2 - Play through the amps you are interested in.

3 - ?????????

4 - PROFIT!!!

... and by profit, I mean you will form some opinions for yourself.

not what i meant. i wanted some opinions off of UG for my own siuation. tho it may not be much different than some other ppls, i still wanted to see what u ppl thought.
i dont know a whole lot about different amps so i thought id see what ppl would come up with then go from there.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Watch me as i Rock on...