Page 1 of 2
I got a cople questions about this head. Could I get alot of gain from it and lowend if I boost it up a littlebit with EQ pedal? Would the 15watts be enough to play live, possably thru a bass cab with 4 omhs (not a big deal if not)? and if 15 watts ise'nt enough for live, could I get it modded up to a higher wattage?
if you're getting a 5150 head, why do you want a tiny terror?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Why not just buy a higher wattage amp?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
A 15 watt tube amp is more than loud enough if it's a decent venue and everything is getting mic'd, and if you don't need a lot of clean headroom.
I apologize for not knowing about the amp, but on a side note your Epi is pretty sweet. I'm not an Epi or an EMG player, but it is a fresh combo and looks real clean with that gold top to contrast the black pups.
i havent ever used one.but i hear they are plenty enough.if not and the venue is mic's equipment,have them mic the cab you use.id love to have me a nice orange halfstack.i love orange amps.the tones are great.i am just to poor to afford one in this life.sweet ass sg by the way.if you get the tiny terror the sg and the head with sound great.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
those tiny terrors kick ****ing ass!
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
It will be better if you say what you want to play with it, so we can know how much gain you want...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by TUMFP
I apologize for not knowing about the amp, but on a side note your Epi is pretty sweet. I'm not an Epi or an EMG player, but it is a fresh combo and looks real clean with that gold top to contrast the black pups.

Shes my pride'n'joy, thanks man.

And I play alot of styles Grindcore,Hardcore,Metal,80s metal,bluse,expermental,little bit of jazz.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
could I get the head modded upto 50watts if I needed to?

Could be, but it'll mean changing the transformer and adding tubes and basically turning it into a compleatly different amp. Not only is it a lot of work but it's also expensive to do. If you think you need a 50 watt amp then get a 50 watt amp to begin with.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by strings-N-stuff

And I play alot of styles Grindcore,Hardcore,Metal,80s metal,bluse,expermental,little bit of jazz.

Have a pedal ready.
Regardless of the amps capabilities, unless you're going to play a whole show of grindcore stuff, most other metal genres or music genres in general don't use that kind of distortion, so having a pedal would make it much more convenient than messing around with the setting before/during songs.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Would I need to boost it with any pedals distortion wise? and could I get the head modded upto 50watts if I needed to?

No, it has enough gain by itself.

And no, since you'd have to mod it so extensively, it would just be a new amp.
So I take it moding it is gona cost alot?

Only reson I'm looking into this head is because I tryed a ornage the otherday and turn'd the bass up and liked it. and the head being small helps for when I gotta lug my gear to shows.
the tiny terror goes pretty loud, maybe around 30W solid state
the 15W rating is british rating, its not standard with other amps
loud enough for small venues probably

i like the distortion, its natural and theres a good number of sounds to get

however, try one, different people like different things

Chappers Vid
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Last edited by Snapple at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by Snapple
i like the distortion, its natural and theres a good number of sounds to get

however, try one, different people like different things

Chappers Vid

This is what made me look into this amp

Video

Video2

I tryed one out today, If I get it I'm going to boost it up with my Boss EQ
Last edited by strings-N-stuff at Mar 18, 2008,
^JJ is just a brand not a type. Yes, JJ makes tubes that will work for the tiny terror.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by dead-fish
Have a pedal ready.
Regardless of the amps capabilities, unless you're going to play a whole show of grindcore stuff, most other metal genres or music genres in general don't use that kind of distortion, so having a pedal would make it much more convenient than messing around with the setting before/during songs.

Think a Boss EQ pedal would help that?
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Think a Boss EQ pedal would help that?

EQ pedals do add a lot of possibilities but honestly I don't think a Tiny Terror is what your looking for. If you want to mod it to be louder... just get a different amp cause you'd have to make it accommodate extra power tubes and mods that would cost more than the amp itself.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
EQ pedals do add a lot of possibilities but honestly I don't think a Tiny Terror is what your looking for. If you want to mod it to be louder... just get a different amp cause you'd have to make it accommodate extra power tubes and mods that would cost more than the amp itself.

I've seen videos of it on you tube play a venue 7 and 15 watts and it sounded pretty loud, the only thing of worried about is not getting enough lowend.
I play grindcore/hardcore/crust punk type stuff, mostly and for a long time I was planning on getting the Tiny Terror, even with my EMGs, and EQ pedal it didn't go much beyond 80s hardcore sounds, maybe a different speaker then whatever Orange uses would give tighter low-end...

-1 for grammar
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by STABxYOU
I play grindcore/hardcore/crust punk type stuff, mostly and for a long time I was planning on getting the Tiny Terror, even with my EMGs, and EQ pedal it didn't go much beyond 80s hardcore sounds, maybe a different speaker then whatever Orange uses would give tighter low-end...

-1 for grammar

Well I was thinking of putting a bass cab under it or a randall 2x12" 1x15". Mabey adding a preamp with the EQ.
it gets enough low end alreayd, if you want more for metal-ish stuff, then get a metal muff (It has an eq) or an eq pedal and lower the tone. the PPC112 is really heavy on its own.

EDIT: Nvm I just saw ur pedals you already have all that xD If you put the Tiny terror on top of you bass cab or your behringer I don't see why it couldn't have enough low end
Quote by Grimpenguin
it gets enough low end alreayd, if you want more for metal-ish stuff, then get a metal muff (It has an eq) or an eq pedal and lower the tone. the PPC112 is really heavy on its own.

EDIT: Nvm I just saw ur pedals you already have all that xD If you put the Tiny terror on top of you bass cab or your behringer I don't see why it couldn't have enough low end

Thats a good idea, but I'm selling all my stuff and upgradeing, only keeping my SG and a cople pedals.

and I'm more into head distortion, and the distortion from the tiny terror is really natural distortion with a bit of a kick, I'm just looking to kick it up more.

and I think it would sound nice on a bass cabinet.
yea. Just get a TS to push it harder on top of a bass cab and lower the tone accordingly. It will sound nice I bet.
That'll change the tone drastically though, unless thats what your looking to do

I think a good OD pedal would do the trick just right imo.
The sound of the TT is awesome, no joke, boost with a ts, use a boss eq, whatever you want, but really, to get that real nice low-end, just try out different Cabs!

Y'know,lets use a 5150 as an example:
Through a fender cab, it gonna totally change the way the sound is heard, it may well be a bit punchy and harsh, when we play our 5150 thru a Mesa Cab, and ur gonna shift some Low-end!

Same applies to the Orange. You use a PPC112 and its likley be a tad weedy!

Just go into the Shop and try different Cabs- some stores might not let you mess around with Cabs, but it's certainly the best way to a great tone!

"The Amp is as good as the Speaker"- well I think so
Hi!
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Could I put JJ tubes in it?

I don't know much about 15watt amp tubes

why are you so set on changing an amp you havent even got yet? Just get something that fits your needs like right away.

In buying gear, there are no shortcuts.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
why are you so set on changing an amp you havent even got yet? Just get something that fits your needs like right away.

In buying gear, there are no shortcuts.

Becasue I'm tired of useing a MG head?

I think that explains it right there.

God, a Blackheart would be better then what I'm useing for a head.

I have the cash, but I'm just makeing shure when i get this new rig I'm gona keep it for a cople years
Last edited by strings-N-stuff at Mar 20, 2008,
Right, as I and others, have said! DONT MOD it!

Personally, I cannot see a reason to change the TT, WHY? its loud engough for most, has A decent amount of Gain, through the right choice of things it can do what the hell you want it to!

Yeah I gues you could use CRYO tubes and Whatnot- Leave it there tho!
Using new leads, using slightly, different tubes, changing cab, using a heavier pick, using heavier strings and adjusting height of your pick-ups and to get the best from a Valve amp use Volume and Tone on the Guitar LOTS, you basically have a 10 channel amp if you learn how to tame the guitars controls to effect! These variables will make a difference, to the overall sound, DONT MOD AN AMP, UNLESS you SERIOUSLY understand all of the Variables and HOW it will EXACTLY CHANGE YOU TONE!
Hi!
Page 1 of 2