Hi guys lately i have been trying to save as much money i could (since i bought my first bass to have money in the time to buy my second one) and all i came up in one year was with 280-350 bucks, and i am what you would call intermediate-expert at playing and i am feeling sort of limited with my SX bass lately (cant get the sounds i need or etc) so i decided its time to buy a new one and here i am since dad alredy told me its ok then im going to start.

I am mostly into funk, classic rock, symphonic metal (Endless FTW!!!) and basically thats all, other stuff like blues and jazz can go into the mix also.

So what i am looking is for a bass guitar that can cover all that, is good and is inside my price range because today i was jamming with 2 of my friends and i just felt really bad when i wasn't able to make a funky enough sound out of my bass (i know its the bass not my amp because ive runned lots of basses through it and the difference is re ally noticeable). So if anyone has any sort of idea what kind of bass im looking for i wont throw it back, just say it that anything is helpful (specially with such an undecided mind like mine xD).

Also i want to point it has to be from this place
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
1. Is the Yamaha in your sig your main amp? If so, then I got bad news buddy, that needs replacing. 20 watts isn't enough to do much of anything except practice by yourself.

2. If you have a better amp, you should really go used. MusiciansFriend is great for new stuff, but the used selection is rather small. On ebay or craigslist you can get a lot more bass for the price.
Try the following:

Peavey Grind
Ibanez BTB205, SR300, EBD400, SRX300
Schecter Stiletto Deluxe
Cort Curbow
Thats my practice amp, for normally playing time i borrow the one from the church just a block away (i play there every Sunday so they let me borrow it on week days hehe (since me and the other ones that get to play in this particular church only gets music on Sundays) Its a Peavy TNT 115 (that is pretty SWEEEEEEEEET and everyone loves xD) so i get to use that amp when im playing out hehe.

I think i am gonna roll around ebay (since i got someone that can buy from there for me hehe (my dad would not accept it D: )) and also i think i would check craigslist (as long as they ship internationally its ok for me hehe) and see what i can hunt there.

Besides all this stuff, what kind of bass do you recommend, im just used to play my SX and one of my friends Schecter once in a while when hes in town so i need to know what type would fit the styles i listed above.

Okay, thanks for clarifying the amp thing.

I think you may be wanting a 5 string at some point. Go try one out and see if you can use the low B. Once again its gonna be alot of trying out for that price. Maybe a used Jazz 5 string. Or a Schecter perhaps?

Or another option is to pimp your SX. Do you really like the feel? What kind of SX is it?
My model is in the P-bass way (check pix)

Mines blue instead of brown (but hey the color doesnt makes a different tone... forgot that lol...) I was acctually planning throwing some new stuff into it but the REAL problem for me is that it has so many hits that i would like to make a full job on it (re-paint, change neck, new pickups, practically rebuild the whole thing) but where i live that would be like... NOT AN EASY FEAT (Dominican Republic (East Side! hehe)) so i just gave my hopes up on that for now and went fully on buying a new one instead >.<

And i was thinking about getting a 5 stringer but i had my doubts (my friend Schecter is a 6 stringer so im sorta used to play more than just 4 hehe).

Also ive always had this think about buying used stuff that just makes me feel bad after i get the used stuff D:

But theres still a lot to see, i am just going to stick around reading more of your opinions and thinking to see what i do about this issue and maybe will come up with a plan or something about this S: (maybe sell my laptop! dunno i just want a rocking bass (but if i sell it im not going to have nemore pc D) So thats what im going to think around, what to do about my money issue to see if i can buy something new instead of used >.<

Any more comments appreciated

Sorry for DP but is just to say that im getting $100 more to add up to 400 bucks, any bass from musicians friends that is worth for the styles i posted in the 1st post?

Other than that, is the best i can do for now D: maybe just hold it and have someone lend me hes bass for this 31 >.< (im playing and my SX aint got enough sound for such a big place D: with so many people GAGH!)

So thats why im also planning mainly to get a new bass, it takes about 1-2 weeks to get it here (from USA to Dominican Republic, theres no good music stores (can you imagine it? the epiphone SG special guitar at 300 bucks when on MF is at 168 or something like that and people in here still buy all that stuff >.<).

Come on peeps im getting desperate to get a new bass D:

Hmmm 400 bucks that is to much for a beginners bass and to little for a mid end bass....

For 500 buck they got a fender jazz listed:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FSR-Standard-J-Bass?sku=517887

and if you cant add the extra 100 bucks:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SRX3EXQM1-4String-Bass-wQuilt-Maple-Top?sku=514311

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Performer-4-Classic-Bass?sku=514220
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
^ that's a fsr bass, not the standard jazz which is $100 less. I say get one of those.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Mescalino

HOLY **** the picture of the black version has 22 frets!

But TS, the best thing for you to do is just go to a store, try out all the basses in your price range (or slightly out of it). Also try some really nice basses, and see which one gets the closest to that for you.
Quote by IndianRockStar
HOLY **** the picture of the black version has 22 frets!

But TS, the best thing for you to do is just go to a store, try out all the basses in your price range (or slightly out of it). Also try some really nice basses, and see which one gets the closest to that for you.

The only problem is that where i live theres only one music store, and it SUCKS overpriced even for SH!T stuff, if it wasn't like that i would be there testing instead of asking here D:

So all i have to buy my new bass is what you guys say about them, and Mescalino im not looking for a beginner bass, more for a intermediate-advanced one.

Do you guys think the Standard Jazz Bass can handle Metal, Rock, Funk and Symphonic Metal?

yes a jazz bass can handle metal

the bassist from black label society uses a 5 string jazz

yes a jazz bass can handle rock

i use one, actually 2, soon to be 3

and yes a jazz bass can most definately be used for funk

marcus miller? flea? it has "the" slap tone
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Line6
The only problem is that where i live theres only one music store, and it SUCKS overpriced even for SH!T stuff, if it wasn't like that i would be there testing instead of asking here D:

So all i have to buy my new bass is what you guys say about them, and Mescalino im not looking for a beginner bass, more for a intermediate-advanced one.

Do you guys think the Standard Jazz Bass can handle Metal, Rock, Funk and Symphonic Metal?

Then the jazz bass is defenatly your thing.

I think the jazz bass is the most versitile bass of fender (and the mark hopus the least versitile) it can be used for prety much any style.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by Mescalino
Then the jazz bass is defenatly your thing.

I think the jazz bass is the most versatile bass of fender (and the Mark Hoppus the least versatile) it can be used for pretty much any style.

That's the bass I want lol, mainly because I love the J bass bodies, but can't afford a custom build yet Oh, well who cares about versatility anyway...

*runs and hides*

Yeh, the J sounds perfect for you, try looking at a Highway One if they are not out of your price range!
Quote by .Anfield
That's the bass I want lol, mainly because I love the J bass bodies, but can't afford a custom build yet Oh, well who cares about versatility anyway...

*runs and hides*

Yeh, the J sounds perfect for you, try looking at a Highway One if they are not out of your price range!

My advise get a normal percision bass. I honestly dont understand why fender made that custom.... If i was head of marketing there i would have told mark hoppus to lear how to play a bass and when i he can he can come back and ask again.

But in general im not a big fan of customs as the mostly are overprized solely cause they cary the artist name.
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra