Okay so I have a chord progression down and everything for a song, but I feel it is missing something-- a solo. I have a chord progression layed down for a solo but I don't know where to start and what notes match it. I tried to learn from a pocket music theory book but it didn't the information. Is there any explanation for how to put a solo over a set of chords? Any help? I don't understand the whole circle of fiths thing. Are the notes coming from a specific scale, how can you tell?! I don't understand this, can anyone help explain?
Quote by adam561
Okay so I have a chord progression down and everything for a song, but I feel it is missing something-- a solo. I have a chord progression layed down for a solo but I don't know where to start and what notes match it. I tried to learn from a pocket music theory book but it didn't the information. Is there any explanation for how to put a solo over a set of chords? Any help? I don't understand the whole circle of fiths thing. Are the notes coming from a specific scale, how can you tell?! I don't understand this, can anyone help explain?

Look at the progression first. Then based on that progression, you can determine which notes are being used. Write out these notes diatonically (so that each note has its own letter, using accidentals where necessary). Then you can use this to determine what key the progression is in. Then you can play in that key, adding accidentals where you see fit.