I just got a 1998 Fender american strat off ebay and for some reason my amp is putting almost no distortion out at all with the guitar. I have a fender frontman 212 dsp amp. My old guitar was an ibanez grg170dx and it was putting out a pretty good amount of distrotion with that (enough for my liking at least).

Any ideas why it is acting like this would be helpful. Thanks
does your strat have 3 single coils? Because as you may know, single coils produce less overdrive naturally
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
yes it has 3 single coils, i did by the fender gear primarily for the clean and light distort tones. but i still like to play some harder music sometimes. Ideally id like to get a frusciante-like tone from his solos on the stadium arcadium. I know he uses a marshall amp, but he still gets the tone from a single coil strat. Any tips would be nice.
Well, we cant really give you anymore tips. Can you record yourself so we can hear exactly how little overdrive it is that you are supposedly not getting?
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
I think the obvious decision is to get a Digitech Death metal.

Just kidding. =]

Those pedals are trash.
the closest i can do is give u songs with the max distort i can get. something like the intro to eric clapton's layla. The second part to zep's over the hills and far away maybe.