Poll: How do you deal with stress?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you deal with stress?
Get pissed drunk
18 16%
Punch things.
23 21%
Swear loudly.
35 32%
Start arguments
9 8%
Play guitar
55 50%
Other...
63 57%
Voters: 110.
Page 1 of 2
So, how do you all deal with stress, huh? If you pick "other" than explain. Discussion is welcome, but keep it friendly, guys. I know a few of you are gonna be rowdy after this night (St. Paddy's Day).

NOTE: poll itself will be up shortly
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
I bottle it up and take pills.

Seriously.

I usually get insanely depressed somewhere in the process.
Last edited by 20cdndollars at Mar 17, 2008,
i listen to Porcupine Tree and get really sad, and then eventually when i get really low i just get happy all of a sudden.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Get the most important things out of the way early, NEVER leave things for later, do them when you have the chance to get them out of the way, and be sure to take the occasional break to just relax and wind down a bit. (By not leaving things for later I mean don't let all the work pile up until the very last possible minute to complete it, or else you'll have a ****load of work to do with nearly no time to do it. This is a huge cause of stress.)

EDIT: Masturbation is a also a huge stress reliever as mentioned above...even though it was probably intended as a joke. Tests were taken and showed that having an orgasm actually lowers your stress horomone levels.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Last edited by kyle100 at Mar 17, 2008,
Personally, I swear loudly if no one's around, just to get it outta me. I then end up either hitting something if i'm outta my mind with stress, or i just play guitar.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
fap.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Furious masturbation; and I see that I'm not very original here.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by kool98769
fap.

I feel retarded for not putting that in there, especially taking into account the fact that this IS the Pit we're talking about.
Quote by Briyan_15

Quote by omegasus
smoke pot, meditate, and then realize none of it matters.
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
i dont let things get to me, there are very few things in life that matter enough to actually get to you. i avoid HS drama entirely because its rediculoulsy stupid, that pretty much keeps me out of any situations where i can get wrapped up and stressed
This sounds wierd, but each to his own...

I take a flight on flight simulator. Its a simple relaxing thing and inherently peaceful.
grab a drink, listen to some mellow stuff then just sleep on it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Playing guitar and Other. Other being masturbating of course.

Sometimes Ill just sit there and breathe deeply and just sort of imagine the whole universe and how huge it is and everything and I can like FEEL the relaxation hormones pumping through my body. I'm not even sure if relaxation hormones are real, but I would imagine they are.
I just get over it. Like, this last english project I did, our group (including me) started to freak out as the deadline closed in. I don't know why but I just got really nervous. So for about a day I was like AHH! But, after that I stopped caring and just did the project no sweat. Stress only hits me for a day or so, then I'm fine.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I used to punch stuff. Then I punched a hole in my wall and I was nearly disowned for it. Now I play guitar AND I sit and do NOTHING. It's actually very calming. I wouldn't call it meditating, just kinda relaxing.
walk my dog at 3 in the morning, its very relaxing, also just thinking/ focusing on something thats not stressful
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
alcohol and cigarrettes. i find menthol more relaxing than cannabis
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
i listen to music while i try and go to sleep. 'tis nice.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Punch things, swear, start arguments, but other than that, if I'm home or driving, I just crank up the music. If I'm at home I turn out all the lights. It's calming.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
i actually like being depressed.
it makes me feel like nothing can be worse than it is.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
i find it hard to believe more of you don't drink outta stress. come on, fess up haha.
Quote by Briyan_15

Quote by omegasus
listen to music, read a book, play guitar, or go to my room and just lay on my bed in peace and quiet
Cry.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
bombs.

drop lots of frikken bombs on your country.

it works.

insane UGer disclaimer:

this post was a sarcastic joke. please do us all a favor and not drop bombs anywhere.....
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Other...

Either I

1.) Black out and hurt someone

or

2.) Go stick on some Dimmu Borgir/Cradle of Filth/Trivium/Metallica/Slayer/Anthrax/Pantera and drum out all my anger

or

3.) Go lift weights, i've found that i can lift way more when im pissed off. Helps alot during my Weight Training and Conditioning class

Do you turn green and muscular as well?
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Well, it depends what I'm stressed by.

If it's something academic, I usually procrastinate until I literally HAVE to deal with it.

Example: Science project due April 1st, yet I won't start until a week or so before it's due. See what I mean?

If the stress comes from something recreational, like sports or video games (sometimes Xbox Live really gets to you), swearing loudly does wonders.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by milfeh
fap.

+1
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
btw, Tire Me., your avatar is amazing.
Quote by Briyan_15

Quote by omegasus
Page 1 of 2