I am 16 years old (will be in 10 days) and my dad is willing to get me a gibson les paul studio. Offcourse I want to get the best deal possible. I remember during Thanksgiving guitarcenter had their 20 percent off everything sale. So if a Fireburst Les Paul Studio is 1200 i want to try to get it for 1000. Or the wine red, which is 1300 i want to get it for 1050. Is it possible, to get it from guitarcenter for that price? Technically business is slow, everything is down, i dont see a reason that they cant make me that deal, so i will be heading to guitar center tomorrow to see what i can do, offcourse i will play the guitar and all that good stuff, but what would be a realistic price to aim for when shopping at guitarcenter. Also, which color would u recommend the wine red with gold or the fireburst. I personally like the wine red a bit more, but just asking. How do y'all like the studio?
Yeah, you can haggle at Guitar Center if you're any good at it.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
there is another thread about haggling at GC, started a bout 4 days ago.

Find it and read it. Title is something like "Help me beat GC", I posted everytihng I know there......several times.
Depends on how much of a mark up they have on them and if your purchasing anything thing else..

And personally i hate Gibsons.. Love the way they look, hate everything else about them. But thats just an opinion...
No, but ive bought about 1,200 dollars worth of equipement from there...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Depends on how much of a mark up they have on them and if your purchasing anything thing else..

And personally i hate Gibsons.. Love the way they look, hate everything else about them. But thats just an opinion...

Really, I would of never guessed!

To TS: Make sure you try every single guitar in that price range....You may fall in love with a guitar that isn't a studio or even a les paul!
I LOVE my studio..... search for the "how to beat Guitar Center" thread from a few days ago for info on haggling with them. You can save a great deal of money.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
What do you think would be a good deal for a studio, wine red and one in fireburst? NOT PURCHASED TOGETHER JUST EACH ONE.
I got a Jackson Dinky BRAND NEW for $350 when it was normally $800. This was the day after Thanksgiving sale, plus I've bought stuff from this same guy before.

You could just spike a drink and give it to the sales clerk and trick him/her into selling it to you for cheap.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke