I heard about this thing but havn't heard anything about it. It's krank so it must be for metal. Anybody ever try this thing out?
yeah, I own one, very cool pedal IMO, a little more aggressive than my OD808. I use it as a boost on my drive channel for a little more edge and hair, and to tighten up the lowend a little. Haven't used it much as a standalone OD, so can't comment there. It's not a distortion though, so it won't make your clean channel into a Krank metal machine. They have a distortion pedal aimed for that, this is mainly an OD, voiced to work well with their amps. YMMV too, as I talked to a guy on here that said his was noisy. Mine is very quiet however, and the true bypass is a nice feature.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, I own one, very cool pedal IMO, a little more aggressive than my OD808. I use it as a boost on my drive channel for a little more edge and hair, and to tighten up the lowend a little. Haven't used it much as a standalone OD, so can't comment there. It's not a distortion though, so it won't make your clean channel into a Krank metal machine. They have a distortion pedal aimed for that, this is mainly an OD, voiced to work well with their amps. YMMV too, as I talked to a guy on here that said his was noisy. Mine is very quiet however, and the true bypass is a nice feature.

Ya that's kind of what I was looking for. Something to boost my tube distortion. What type of music do you play?
Quote by ltmusicman
Ya that's kind of what I was looking for. Something to boost my tube distortion. What type of music do you play?

mostly metal, some hard rock, anything with a lot of gain, lol. Works great as a boost/tightener on an OD channel IMO, you know the drill, output up - gain down - tone to taste. There are a couple Krankenstein clips in my profile using the Krankshaft.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Alright thanx I will check em out when I get home. I'm going to guitarcenter tonight too and according to their site they have the krankshaft so I will try it out there.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol
I tried it once and to be honest, i thought my ts9 had more gain. It really didn't add much overdrive to my amp and you have more control over your tone with a tubescreamer. Guess it's all personal preference though.
Its not that I really want a whole lot more gain. I just want something that will tighten up my distortion for leads and solos and stuff.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol