I'm playing off of a Voxad15vt with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with burstbuckers. I'm not sure whether I need an Overdrive pedal or a tubescreamer, Basically I just don't know

I primarily play Led Zeppelin, however I do play Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Cream and The Who. I'm looking for a sound similar to to the main rythm riff in Bring it On Home. Kind of a durty tube sounding fuzz, but also something capible of giving me something a little cleaner that can scream.

Suggestions?
Big Muff
^ I think it is...

I'd look at some fuzz pedals if you want the dirty sound.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
I don't know if you really need one. The valvetronix has some pretty good amp models that can give you the tone that you want.

If you must get a pedal though, get a Big Muff.
Quote by imgooley
I don't know if you really need one. The valvetronix has some pretty good amp models that can give you the tone that you want.

If you must get a pedal though, get a Big Muff.

I'm definately really close to getting the sound I want. I've been playing bring it on home and I can't quite get the crunch and the tube sound that I am looking for. Or even the Lemon Song for something a bit cleaner. I'm mainly using reverb and some chorus.
Bring It On Home and The Lemon Song aren't tube amp tones, not to say a good tube amp won't get close to those tones though.

What kind of budget do you have for a pedal? Honestly I think maybe you should just get a new amp.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Honestly I think maybe you should just get a new amp.

+1

You're not going to get vintage tones out of a pedal and an AD15VT nearly as well as you could get with a small tube. A 5W model will probably rival your Vox in volume, and crush it in tone. Or you could get a 15W tube that would give you enough power for jams and small gigs.

I'd definitely be thinking about an amp upgrade.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Vox is a great little amp, but if you're looking for better vintage type tones then no amount of pedals is going to help, you're better off sticking with the Vox as is or getting a new amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Bring It On Home and The Lemon Song aren't tube amp tones, not to say a good tube amp won't get close to those tones though.

What kind of budget do you have for a pedal? Honestly I think maybe you should just get a new amp.

They're not? What kind of amp was he using then for those. I thought he used a Vox AC30.
Well to be honest I don't really like the studio tone for Bring it On Home. I thought it was really buzzy so this explains it. The live tone for that song on the other hand...delicious.