Ok so I have a question for yall what real guitar do yall think is an accurate mix of the two guitars? Just thought it was a different question, and not to mention I would seriously look into the guitars yall come up with? I already own the strat and yes I will buy a Gibson Les Paul one day when I win the lottery.
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Hmm I already own that... or rather its all i own...
And let go of regret
Les Paul w/ P-90s?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Paul Reed Smith anything.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
I own an Ibanez Jetking 2, it has a nice mix of both sounds, look it up on Harmony Central, if you find one, play it, you will go home with it. I did, it was an impulse buy
ive seen that haha if I was to spend that much id buy a cheap guitar pimp it out to sound like a mix and then buy a corolla or something..... ...
And let go of regret
I have been always a big fan of the gibson les paul, easly my favorite guitar. Ever since late 2006, gibson started chambering the bodies of every les paul they make except the custom shop, to make them lighter, which in my opion chambering killed its tone & les paul's are supose to be heavy. gibson isnt what they used to be, those prices just keep getting higher & higher & all your paying for is the name. I still play les pauls from gibson just the older models (every model up to 2005 models). If you want a les paul buy an older gibson, edwards, burny, or shamray custom shop. you'll get good prices & quality from those
+1 for the PRS. But it should have the coil tap, if not, you'll just get the most beatiful humbucker sound on earth
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
maybe an ibanez with buckers and coils.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I have a USA Strat and Les Paul. Both are great guitars, but it all comes down to what sort of tone you are looking for. From what i have found, my les paul has more sustain than my strat, a lot more. The tone is great, especially distorted, but when playing clean with my les paul, i find its a lot less versatile than the strat. The sound is quite brash, which may be what you are looking for, but i prefer the strats versatility with the clean sound. Dont get me wrong, a strat will sound great distorted and you get a great bluesy crunch sound when using the neck pup. Generally, i think the strat is a better guitar than the les paul, but thats just my personal oppinion. It all comes down to personal preference, and what sound you want. Both guitars are amazing, and i dont think this dispuit of 'which is better' will ever be resolved aha.
+Fender 50th Anniversary USA Stratocaster (HSS + S1 Switch)
+Gibson Les Paul Studio (Vintage Mahogany)
+Squier Standard Stratocaster
+Fender DG14S Acoustic Guitar
+Peavey Bandit 112 Amp
PRS, add a soapbar/p90 in the neck and a humbucker in bridge, add coil-tap and you probably have the best in-between guitar you can get IMO
PRS's have been called a combination of Gibsons and Fenders several times. I've got a PRS, and although I've hardly ever played any Gibsons, and only a few Fenders, I'd say its right around the middle.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
You might also want to look at the scale length. Strat has longer scale length than LP (usually) so the sound will not be the same even if they use the same pickups.
A Strat will still sounds like a strat even with humbucker so the best bet is to get a Les Paul body with 25,5 scale length. I know that the Hagstrom Super Swede is one and it's with coil tap, too.

But like said, you can never have both true Fender or Gibson sound in a single guitar. There're just too much different between the two.
Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 18, 2008,
are hagstroms good guitas... i was looking at the prs se guitars.. the cheap ones...
And let go of regret
Quote by BGrem261
are hagstroms good guitas... i was looking at the prs se guitars.. the cheap ones...

theyre pretty good if you can stand the fact that they look like they were desinged by someone on crack. PRS SEs are very good for the price.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
parker p44, I think is in your price range and the sound you are looking for.

mahogany body, maple neck, coil tap.

ugly as ass though.

maybe save up for a Carvin Bolt.

either way the PRS SE is not the sound you are looking for, but a great guitar regardless of that.
Some Hagstroms are well nice.
The Ultra Swede, Ultra XL-2 and Select Swede for instance.

Tasty tasty!

Edit: The F-20 is nice too!
Last edited by ChrisN at Mar 18, 2008,
i kind of actually like the parker... its different
And let go of regret
Quote by Fuzzbox91
theyre pretty good if you can stand the fact that they look like they were desinged by someone on crack. PRS SEs are very good for the price.

Come on, man. It must be some goddamn good crack they're smoking! Their LP finishes are awesome!
My Levinson Blade does a damn good job imitating a LP while also being a very true strat. Plays better than any Fender or Gibson I have owned or played. I like them so much I am buying another one.

http://bladeguitars.com/
Blade Guitars - Advanced Concepts by Gary Levinson Switzerland