I got a new guitar recently and noticed it makes a very slight hum unless I touch something metal on the guitar. My other guitar doesn't do this, so it made me wonder if the guitar was improperly grounded or if it's just a side effect of higher output pickups. It's a LP style btw.

Anyone have any insight?
try to check if the ground connection is loose or just buy some shielding.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
What kind of pickups are you using? When I swapped some passives for my active EMGs I didn't properly ground things. Take a look inside and see if any wires are loose (there should be wiring diagrams for whatever pickups you're using somewhere on the internet) and if so, solder them back where they should be. If you don't know what you're doing with such things, I'd recommend bringing it in.

By the way, when you say your other guitar doesn't do this, do you mean if you unplug the humming guitar and plug in the 'good' one to the same amp there's no hum?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
It's a new guitar, just an Agile AL2000 with the stock pickups. Tomorrow I'll have to pull the pickups out and check the connections. I just didn't want to go through the trouble if it was probably something else.

And yeah, unplugging this guitar and plugging in the "good" one and there is no hum, so I'm pretty sure it isn't the amp or power source.