There are no reviews. I just wanted to know peoples thoughts and opinions on this distortion pedal.

It's a tossup between this and the BOSS overdrive pedal so i just wanted to know what people think. atm, i leaning more towards buying the Blowtorch.
umm i dunno about this.. but the boss works just fine for me
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by flea_is_my_god
There are no reviews. I just wanted to know peoples thoughts and opinions on this distortion pedal.

It's a tossup between this and the BOSS overdrive pedal so i just wanted to know what people think. atm, i leaning more towards buying the Blowtorch.

For reviews, go to Harmony Central.

From soundclips, the Blowtorch is either buzzy (like a saw) or kind of fuzzy, but not in a square-wave fuzz kind of way.

I found the Boss ODB-3 to be only decent at a variety of tones, and I didn't really like any of them.

I have an Ibanez PD-7 and I think it's a great clean boost/overdrive/distortion pedal.
thanks for input guys, i'll try find those reviews.

if anyone can still put input into this post, please do so
Quote by Charlatan_001
For reviews, go to Harmony Central.

From soundclips, the Blowtorch is either buzzy (like a saw) or kind of fuzzy, but not in a square-wave fuzz kind of way.

I found the Boss ODB-3 to be only decent at a variety of tones, and I didn't really like any of them.

I have an Ibanez PD-7 and I think it's a great clean boost/overdrive/distortion pedal.

qft; i really think that the PD-7 is the best OD in it's price range, may be even double it.

I've played the Blowtorch before, it's been extremely fuzzy.

I've owned:
Ibanez PD7, Fulltone bass drive, Boss ODB, Sansamp Bass Drive, MXR m180

Out of all those, the PD7 is the only one I still own. I would at least suggest you try one out.
Quote by BlueShox
I've owned:
Ibanez PD7, Fulltone bass drive, Boss ODB, Sansamp Bass Drive, MXR m180

Out of all those, the PD7 is the only one I still own. I would at least suggest you try one out.

Wait, wait, wait...

You prefer the Ibanez PD7 to a Fulltone Bass Drive!?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I LOVE THE DISTORTION PEDALS THEY ROCK AND ARE SOOO VERSITILE! thts just my opionion
Quote by MrBassMan213
Plz Reply

Warned for Spam

and...

Quote by afi666
I LOVE THE DISTORTION PEDALS THEY ROCK AND ARE SOOO VERSITILE! thts just my opionion

Warned for Spam

Neither of these posts add to the discussion in the thread.
Quote by thefitz
Wait, wait, wait...

You prefer the Ibanez PD7 to a Fulltone Bass Drive!?

Yes.

Am I so crazy?

I just got my refund back from the Fulltone, I returned it last week. I had it at home for a month, and it did sound good, but all the tones I got from it were tones that I could already obtain with my set-up, aside from the boost feature.

I guess I was just expecting something different from it, I did enjoy it though, and if I didn't have to save some funds for some other gear acquisitions, I would probably have kept it to use in conjunction with the PD7.
Quote by BlueShox

I've played the Blowtorch before, it's been extremely fuzzy.

Well there IS a fuzz switch on the side of the pedal. Did you have the fuzz engaged? With the fuzz disengaged I find that I get a really full, bassy overdrive. With the fuzz engaged you get a really really over the top raw overdrive, as opposed to a really genuine fuzz pedal.

In my opinion the Blowtorch is a really great pedal, but it all just ends up what you want out of it. It can get a decent fuzz tone and an above average overdriven tone. But both require a lottttttt of EQ tweaking on the pedal in my experience.
A lot of players like to hate on them, but I've spent about a year ****ing around with my Big Muff Pi, and I've almost always been able to get a nice, even, ear-blasting scream out of it. There are a lot of people that will tell you it sucks out your low end, but it never has for me. Might be because I've used it primarily with my Rickenbacker, which has some fairly high output already.

OVERALL: PLAY BEFORE YOU BUY, AND MAKE THE PURCHASE BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE. It's your sound. **** anyone that tells you how to play. Music ain't that standardized yet.
Rickenbacker 4003
Big Muff Pi
Ashdown Chorus Plus
Digitech Whammy
Peavey Volume
Cry Baby Bass Wah
Small Stone
TR-2 Tremolo
Peavey TNT 115

...I have an empty wallet.
I love that pedal and I'm getting it soon for my distortion needs.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by ChaoticPeace
A lot of players like to hate on them, but I've spent about a year ****ing around with my Big Muff Pi, and I've almost always been able to get a nice, even, ear-blasting scream out of it. There are a lot of people that will tell you it sucks out your low end, but it never has for me. Might be because I've used it primarily with my Rickenbacker, which has some fairly high output already.

OVERALL: PLAY BEFORE YOU BUY, AND MAKE THE PURCHASE BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE. It's your sound. **** anyone that tells you how to play. Music ain't that standardized yet.

Music isn't standardized, but if it truly sounds like ass, then you gotta stop being arrogant and accept that fact.

A Rickenbacker + a Big Muff? Jeez... add a guitar wah and you'll basically be a goddamned kazoo.
hey thanks guys, if sumone still has something to add, please post about the blowtorch compared to other pedals, not just rant on a bout one pedal.

I cant really try them all, my dads goign to america, everythign is alot cheaper there than in Australia. he is gonna buy what i tell him and the only pedal ive tried so far is the BOSS one.
Quote by BlueShox
Yes.

Am I so crazy?

Uh huh.

If you find the Fulltone a bit 'redundant' I guess there's not much around that... but I was just playing with my Fulltone placed after a Micro POG and... yeah, you're bat-scat bonkers!!! However, some people might find that $400 pedal combination a bit bonkers too.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..