Does any one in Australia know the law on quitting work? Do you have to give notice? If so how long? And if you don't give notice what can they do?

has no signature.
If you don't give notice they won't give a reference or anything.
Usually I believe its 2 weeks notice, and if you don't show up (or give notice) you'll be fired.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
if you have a contract with them it's a 2~3week notice.

but a letter of resignation would be nice, they did give you money in exchange for your time, energy and wasted soul
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime
if you have a contract with them it's a 2~3week notice.

but a letter of resignation would be nice, they did give you money in exchange for your time, energy and wasted soul

Actually they screwed up my pay many a time. So what can happen if i don't give notice? Nothing?

has no signature.
When doing your tax return your employer needs to write up a certificate to prove you were working for him/her throught the year.
If you be a prick and leave without notice, they could be a prick and decide to not give you one.
Quote by 11223344554433
Actually they screwed up my pay many a time. So what can happen if i don't give notice? Nothing?

yea well you never know if you want their support as a reference for your resume.

just go

Dear (boss)

I 11223344554433 hereby resign from ___, effective immediately. thank you for the employment blahblah

sign

or if you really hate them just and your boss hates your guts, just go say i quit and leave, but remember to do it after that week you get paid
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check your employment contract.

It sets out what rights you have, and requirements you have to follow.

Quitting without required notice will mostly affect any holiday leave you may have accrued or any wages owing.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
2 weeks notice. If you don't, in your next job they might want a reference from your previous place of work, plus when the business you work for do tax returns they can be inaccurate, and believe me, the ATO is very big on accurate details.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.