Hey guys, i know this thread has probably been done a million times before, but im wondering if i should get lessons.

Ive been playing for just over a year, i taught myself to play using the internet and videos etc but ive been at a certain level of playing for a few months now. I know some of my fretboard, some scale shapes etc, but i just dont feel im progressing.

I feel that if i got lessons by a skilled guitarist i would have alot more skill than i have right now. but i dont know if i could get the same result from online.

Cheers
Get lessons. Trust me.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Hey I took a couple lessons when I first started

The guy only showed me how to read TAB and taought me how to play Wipeout

Now, 5 years later, I'm playing Trivium songs

I don't know if I progressed slowly or fast, but it can be done

But lessons are pretty helpful, show you where you need work/are doing good

I would recommend taking a few
In my experience, lessons help me mostly with theory, not as much technique. You can build technique yourself by practicing, but i had a hard time understanding theory, so in that regard, it helped immensely.

Edit: You should get some, although the rape your money
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Lessons...not a fan.

but you have to be motivated if you want to teach yourself...

but the info is all out there for free...and if you teach yourself you create your own style...

you don't have a teachers thrown upon you...
I'm in the same boat you are, but I literally just started playing scales two seconds again,

And I swear I got better immediately.

(No lie either, I actually played something that sounded pretty good and I've been playing for a couple months)

I'm still taking the lessons though simply because I wanna see what I'm gonna do, if i'm gonna play metal or if I'm gonna play like slash
Quote by Dark_Merlin
Hey guys, i know this thread has probably been done a million times before, but im wondering if i should get lessons.

Ive been playing for just over a year, i taught myself to play using the internet and videos etc but ive been at a certain level of playing for a few months now. I know some of my fretboard, some scale shapes etc, but i just dont feel im progressing.

I feel that if i got lessons by a skilled guitarist i would have alot more skill than i have right now. but i dont know if i could get the same result from online.

Cheers
YES TAKE THEM
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
YES.
Get lessons. They help so much.
I taught myself for about a year, eventually thought "screw this," and started going to two lessons a week.
My playing progressed more in 2 months than it did that entire year. Not just with more songs, but with theory and technique.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special