Well I bought a Bandit 112 about a month ago, and although I'm somewhat satisfied with the tone, it does sound a bit plain to me and isn't something largely special. I'm wondering if I should just trade it in for a Valvetronix AD50VT, which I hear is pretty versatile and can pump out pretty nice tones.

I'm going to be playing a HUGE variety of music, though I'm leaning more into hard rock/metal (not heavy uber metal), but getting a nice vintage tone or a distinctive and expressive crunch would also be pretty important to me for other forms of rock/whatever I feel I need to play. Good cleans would be awesome too.

Should I keep the Bandit, or go for an AD50VT, which I hear is good tone but is one of those "fake-sounding" (I've heard people complain about them sounding "fake"/"toy"-ish) digital modeling amps? Do they really sound fake, or can I really pump out genuine, expressive and awesome tone out of the VT series?

Or should I just look at another amp within the same price range? $300-$450 ish? Might be able to go a taddd higher...
palominos and valvekings both with od's are pretty versitile and sound great.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
keep the bandit. no point buy another ss amp.
if u wanna upgrade, go straight to a tube amp.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
Quote by littlephil
Used peavey Classic. Maybe an overdrive pedal too to reach metal

That's your answer. Keep your eyes open for a second hand Traynor YCV 40 or 50, too.

No point in "upgrading" to an AD50VT, being that it's not really an upgrade.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
If you dont want to wait, go for the VOX
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Quote by PureRage
Well I bought a Bandit 112 about a month ago, and although I'm somewhat satisfied with the tone, it does sound a bit plain to me and isn't something largely special. I'm wondering if I should just trade it in for a Valvetronix AD50VT, which I hear is pretty versatile and can pump out pretty nice tones.

I'm going to be playing a HUGE variety of music, though I'm leaning more into hard rock/metal (not heavy uber metal), but getting a nice vintage tone or a distinctive and expressive crunch would also be pretty important to me for other forms of rock/whatever I feel I need to play. Good cleans would be awesome too.

Should I keep the Bandit, or go for an AD50VT, which I hear is good tone but is one of those "fake-sounding" (I've heard people complain about them sounding "fake"/"toy"-ish) digital modeling amps? Do they really sound fake, or can I really pump out genuine, expressive and awesome tone out of the VT series?

Or should I just look at another amp within the same price range? $300-$450 ish? Might be able to go a taddd higher...

I don't know about the Bandit, but I have a Vox AD50VT and I really like it, I can get a really big variety of tones out of it. The cleans are a bit Hendrix like, but I've been able to get jazzy cleans out of it.

I remeber playing a valveking that I thought was good at the time, but in retrospect I think this AD50VT is better.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
For a variety of music it's going to be hard to find a tube that does it all. I would check out a Flextone.