HELP My pull offs and Hammer ons suck worse then an old woman with out theeth, What can I do to make them better I have no volume on the pull off and I have weak volume on hammers on so what can I do?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
On the pull-off, make a motion as though you're flicking your finger down towards the floor rather than just lifting off, it'll give a more defined sound.

Sounds like you just need to practice your hammer-ons a little more, the volume will come as your fingers get stronger.
Quote by :-D
On the pull-off, make a motion as though you're flicking your finger down towards the floor rather than just lifting off, it'll give a more defined sound.

Sounds like you just need to practice your hammer-ons a little more, the volume will come as your fingers get stronger.
Thanks I've been learning Tendacious D'S song Tribute and it's mainly h-o's for every measure and most of the song. But They can do it really well and the h-o's are really strong and sound they they used a pick but didn't

So any exercise for the hammer ons and pull offs you can recommend?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
You can do chromatic exercises to build up your finger strength:

Play 1h2h3h4 on each string, ascending using one finger per fret.
Then go 4p3p2p1 on each string, descending using one finger per fret.

Just continue that pattern all the way up and down the neck (or as far as you'd like to go) and you'll improve considerably. Practice consistently and correctly with this and you'll be good to go.
Quote by :-D
You can do chromatic exercises to build up your finger strength:

Play 1h2h3h4 on each string, ascending using one finger per fret.
Then go 4p3p2p1 on each string, descending using one finger per fret.

Just continue that pattern all the way up and down the neck (or as far as you'd like to go) and you'll improve considerably. Practice consistently and correctly with this and you'll be good to go.
Ok thank you I'll do that exercise along with E mixolydain mode and a warm up exercise I use before I start playing.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I believe you can also boost the gain on your amp a bit to help bring them out a little bit, but not enough to create a drastic improvement. Its harder to do with clean settings, and acoustics as well.
Thanks all your advice is helping big time specially Hiss's.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by mikeman
Whoa easy on the thread making dude. They are simple just practice.
Why watch howmuch I post? As long as I practice for my 1-2 hours aday before I start posting who really cares right?

And they the comment for the simple remark well to a newbie such as my self they're not really that simple.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.