Page 1 of 4
Hey guys,
I dont think this has been done before and maybe it was a good idea or maybe not.
Anyway, While i was at school today i was talking to my friends and for some reason we began talking about the 911 attacks. And we were saying where we were at the time, how did we first find out about it? and what was are first reaction? I know it was a long time ago but it turned out to be quite an interesting question. So i was wondering if anybody else would share their story of what they were doing.
Just for the record i was in England and was actually watching the news at the time and the news flash came up and to be honest i was just completly in shock it was like watching something out of the movies.
Thanks.
I had just woken up, and saw the disaster on the news.
Didn't really understand it at the time, (I was pretty young), but I can still remember it as if I saw it yesterday.
I don't know really, I think I got home from school and my dad shouts that I gotta come watch the news. I wasn't schocked or anything though..
I CBA'd to go to school so i was at home, i watched news reports from the safety of my living room in the UK. I remember being scared, and recall my dad saying not to worry, if they came here he would throw shoes at them.
*sits and waits for 911 conspiracy ranters*

no takers?

i got home from school, mom and my sister standing infront of the tv looking at what looked like a burning tower, i was all like: woot? america? oh they had it coming...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by soulflyV
I woke up in the morning and the cartoons weren't on.

Fuck you Osama!

I KNOW AYE.
I was just a kid. Was so pissed off when cheeze tv wasnt on.
I missed teh pokemanz. Osama wrecked it for us all.
Hurp De Durp
Came home from school and my mom kept yelling to come watch the news, I saw it but didn't understand 'cause I had never heard of the WTC, I think that was in 7th grade.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
I was in the 8th grade, and it was the first year I had lived in the US since moving out of the country years before that. I was living with my uncle while our house was getting worked on, so he always was up early and watching the news.

as far as I remember, I had just woken up to go to school, and it was all extremely surreal. He of course had it all on already, but I couldn't really comprehend the magnitude of everything.
I was in Mexico during our family trip and we considered staying there because of a possible second or worse attack/disaster.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
woke up, saw it, was pretty shocked

but I was only in grade 7 at the time, so it didn't really affect me all that much.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by RocknRollRay
I was in Mexico during our family trip and we considered staying there because of a possible second or worse attack/disaster.

9/11 wasnt a disaster... just a show of force to show that america can still be touched... still it sucks for the family's
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

its a conspiracy

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I was walking back from school, some kids behind me with their mum. Mum was saying something about burning and planes and buildings. The kids were saying "coooool!!" and the mum was like "nooo it's terrible don't say that!!"

Lol, that's first I heard about it, didn't know what they were going on about until I got home and watched the news. It was quite shocking .. Couldn't believe it when they both went down.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Thanks for that reiteration. TERRORIST.

AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!! atleast here in europe we stopped 25 terrorist attacks in 2007... can't be that hard... might be when a retarded monkey rules your country and sits in his oval office only thinking about: goin to war...*with exagurated(sp?) texan accent*. i'd love tell him katrina was related to alquida cus they both start with a K
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

I was about 9 years old

Got in froms chool turned on the tv (uk btw) and alls I saw was two buildings full of smoke

I didn't fully understand it

Then I went to swimming lessons
I was 11 at the time, in my social studies class, and the teacher has turned the TV on. I remember when the tower imploded, and everyone started running, I had this horrible feeling of wishing it was a movie, but knowing it wasn't
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I was at home because I was skipping school. I was pissed off that my cartoons were being interupted for something that was happening in New York.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
idk how old I was or what class I was in. I really don't remember much about it, only getting home and my mom turning on the tv b.c. my dad was on a business trip there. It turned out he could see it all from his hotel window at the Ritz =/
Soyeh, it was pretty scary, for my mum anyway.
♥xx♥

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I was at home because I was skipping school. I was pissed off that my cartoons were being interupted for something that was happening in New York.

And JoJ just won. Again.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
happened right before class, but i went to school so i didnt get the whole picture. then throughout the day we kept hearing more and more about it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by lexaah
when a retarded monkey rules your country

Quote by lexaah
i'd love tell him katrina was related to alquida cus they both start with a K

What?

Nice going, you retarded monkey!

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Honestly, I was so fucking angry Pokémon was cancelled.
Pokémon should never be cancelled.

But it was a tragedy, nonetheless.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by lexaah
AND DAMN PROUD OF IT!! atleast here in europe we stopped 25 terrorist attacks in 2007... can't be that hard... might be when a retarded monkey rules your country and sits in his oval office only thinking about: goin to war...*with exagurated(sp?) texan accent*. i'd love tell him katrina was related to alquida cus they both start with a K

Oh, come on! Actually, Katrina is related to the war in that the escape plan might have worked if the equipment necessary for the evacuation plans hadn't been sent to Iraq.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
dunno, i played footy that day, was a nice game, went home, mom said, "check it out, real life explosions" so i was all like oh yeah motha****a, i then watched it but after seeing an replay of a plane crashing into a tower 8 times in a row i lost interest, it would of been good with more explosions
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Was in school. No one told the high school of 6000 kids anything until about 12pm, meanwhile we could see the smoke from across the Hudson river wondering "wtf?".

Then when we we're told, I left school and I had to walk about 2 miles from my school to my home because the trains werent running.

****. My dad was in Manhattan and he had to walk from Lower Manhattan all the way to past the Brooklyn bridge, into Brooklyn and head south to 53st.

We were so close ash was getting caught into screens of our windows.

Quote by lexaah

Calm down man. Don't start ****. This goes for everyone. Stick to thread topic.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I was a freshman in high school and I walked into Social Studies just as the 2nd plane hit and exclaimed, "Holy ****!" No one yelled at me, so that was pretty cool. We basically just watched CNN in every class for the rest of the day. Except in French. My teacher made us do actual work.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i woke up late as usual and walked to school and when i got there everyone was saying "holy **** man did you see those planes flying into those towers!!!" and im like "crap, i missed something epic"
i woke up...in aus...to the sound of the tv and my parents yelling S*IT!!!
and i was like...holy crap...
I don't remember where I was, or how I heard about it. I just remember thinking that these "World Trade Center" buildings they were talking about must not have been that important cause I'd never heard of them before that point.
At the time I was in grade 3, and I remember my teacher drawing a diogram on the whiteboard and explaining it to us. Then we sent letters and pictures over to America, and we all got the same printed out, bull-shit reply. I was pissed. I honestly thought they should have gone through each and every one of our letters, and written hand written responses with big scrawled signatures at the bottom.

Then I wondered why everyone cared so much cause, well, we're in Australia. America is all the way over there. How did it effect us, you know?

I understand it all now.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Quote by lexaah
*sits and waits for 911 conspiracy ranters*

no takers?

i got home from school, mom and my sister standing infront of the tv looking at what looked like a burning tower, i was all like: woot? america? oh they had it coming...

I hate to say it, but I think I agree with you on that one.

*flame shield*
I was sleeping!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
my mum came home and told me to turn on the news....

i told her i dont give a sh*it I'm watching Dragonball Z
i was in gym and my teacher told me i was getting picked up early (a lot of kids were and we didnt know why)

anyway, so i go and im all pumped because im leaving early, and my friend is also getting picked up and he runs up to me and goes "The twin towers just got bombed!" and i was just in shock.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
I didn't know about it till i got 2 school (i was about 10 or 11) and my friends were going "OMG they blew up the pentagon" and i had no idea WTF that was but thats basically how I found out it.
i was in school, but i didn't know it had happened until i heard it on the radio, then i spent the rest of the day watching the news mezmerised by the pictures, not in a sick way

i was 11, i had no idea this stuff went on, i was shocked, and yet intrigued
Page 1 of 4