I came across this and thought it would be a great solution to a problem of mine, playing without an amp in a noisy area. I thought it would be great if I made two of these(one for me and one for my girlfriend ) But then the problem of money arose. I am currently saving up for a new guitar so all of my cash is accounted for. I was wondering if it would be possible to scavenge most, if not all the components off of scrapped electronics or household items. I can probably buy a few parts, (circuit board and a few others things I cant find) But I simply can't afford all the components for 1, much less two of these things. Also any advice for the project please
http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
Anyone have any ideas?
My guitars-
I built one of these, attached a piezo transducer pickup, and added a 50k audio taper pot at the output for a volume control. (all contained and hidden within my strat, including the 9v)

JFET preamp

*except: I used an MPF102 transistor instead of a J201 and used a 5.8k resistor instead of a 6.8k resistor for R3. With the two changes it makes it a tad bit more output and slightly overdriven. (but very cool with a piezo pickup, it's pretty fricken sweet actually!)

there's the little gem and little gem mkII, Little Gems, as well as the Noisy Cricket.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
I dont want to sound like an idiot, but on the little gem amp, how would I put a headphone jack on it so I can listen to my guitar with headphones?
My guitars-