If you dont live in NZ you probably dont know of Jakob, but they're an instrumental post rock/ambient band that literally is THE BEST thing since sliced bread.
youtube them (particularly the song Nice Day for an Earthquake) and tell me wat you think.
and if you know of any other bands that have a similar style then share it!

chur
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
Quote by timo1
There was a kiwi in my primary school called Jacob

What the hell is a kiwi? Or are you talking about the fruit? Is kiwi slang for 'gay guy' where you come from?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
What the hell is a kiwi? Or are you talking about the fruit? Is kiwi slang for 'gay guy' where you come from?

Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
youtubed them...I thought it was extremely boring. Each to their own taste, apparently alot of people likes them.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Jack Off Jill

haha
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
kiwi, is a person from new zealand

Oh. In that case, explain 'fag' to me again.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

After youtubing them... well... for most of the song I was thinking "When's the distorted guitar gonna come in?" and then it did, but waaaay too late, and then I realised there weren't any vocals, and tbh if the song is that simple than it kinda needs vocals. Instrumentals make up for the fact that they don't have any vocals by being complex and layered, but that was a tad boring.

And that's my two cents.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
"fag" is someone who doesn't live in new zealand.

fixed!

oh wait...
thats right i don't live there anymore
Quote by soulflyV
Fag is the corruption of faggot which is a bundle of sticks.

A cigarette can also be referred to as a fag.

I know. I wonder why that term began being used for gays, though. Maybe the penis is supposed to represent a cigarette? I dunno.
Quote by vintage x metal

Hmm... faggot - a bundle of sticks
homosexuals - like a bundle of dicks

I'm seeing a correlation there...
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by civildp1

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Quote by Jack Off Jill

a kiwi is also a native nz bird, just in case you didn't know