Hey all.

I just bought a new Amp, was sick of using my brother's Fender Automatic SE (which is a blues amp) for playing metal. I bought a Marshall AVT50. I know people here say it's not a good amp, but its good enough for me now and there isn't a too big variety here anyways (only other ones at this price were Vox ADVT, Peavey Bandit, Line 6 Spider III).

Anyways, I've been playing for one year now. I'm playing on a Schecter C-1 Blackjack with Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1n) pickups. I mainly (study to) play Megadeth, Metallica, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, etc.

I've read somewhere about replacing the preamp tube to a better one, replacing the loudspeaker to a better one (celestion?), etc. Any suggestions to one I can do to improve the sound I'm getting?
most people swear by vintage 30's
whats your budget etc?
a vintage 30 in AUS will set you back about 200 bucks.

how do yu want to improve your sound
more gain?
better cleans?

more volume?
more bottom end?
For the sounds your after, IMO your best bet is to swap the pre-amp tube for a Tung Sol 12AX7 and the speaker for a Celestion Vintage 30. If you can't afford that, you can pick up a Celestion G12T-75 in good condition for dirt cheap, which will still be an improvment, to tide you over till you can get a V30.

Then, you can build a 1x12 extension cab and have the best of both worlds!

(Some people swear by NOS tubes, but I find them too expensive & rare in my part of the world, so I tend to reccomend curret production tubes that anybody can get)
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this