ok so as most of us already know matt is a freak with guitar and can do pretty much anything but is it possible to re-create the effect he does where its squelling and stuff..... **** i duno how to explain it haha well hes got that scratch pad thing and he runs his pick on it and the guitar like squeals is it possible to re-create it without that guitar?

sorry bout that bad explaintion but most muse fans should know what i'm talking about
He actually has a lot of effects built into his guitar. The "pad" you're talking about I think is a Digitech Whammy. So you could make this effect if you got the pedal.
Its either that MIDI Whammy strip, or the more recent one with the Kaos pad. You can the Whammy as a pedal and a the Kaos pad as a seperate... thing.
Quote by jason white
ok so as most of us already know matt is a freak with guitar and can do pretty much anything but is it possible to re-create the effect he does where its squelling and stuff..... **** i duno how to explain it haha well hes got that scratch pad thing and he runs his pick on it and the guitar like squeals is it possible to re-create it without that guitar?

sorry bout that bad explaintion but most muse fans should know what i'm talking about

Kaoss Pad 3. That's not exactly what hes got but its pretty similar
You might be able to achieve it with a fuzz factory I guess =/

EDIT: if you mean like this then you'll need to buy a pad.
Last edited by Aleene at Mar 18, 2008,