Ok, so I've been having a problem with my G-string staying in tune for a long time now. It's not the strings, because I've changed them several times. Also, sometimes when I'm tuning and using the whammy bar, I hear a popping noise (which I'm assuming is not good) and a string is out of tune. Any idea why?

EDIT: Ok, basically what I'm asking is, should I take it to the shop or not? I don't really have any experience in intonation or adjustments on the guitar, just changing strings.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Last edited by rigeljs at Mar 18, 2008,
the reason why is because when used the wammy bar and u hear the clink its because the strings are strecthing there for putting them out of tune... this can be fixed by buying a locking nut and installing it on the guitar fixing tension problems.... also the g string is the most common string to get intoneation problems this can be fixed by adjusting the strings length at the spring part of the guitar
bump
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special