hey UG,
i notice after a while of playing with many bends, my thin e and what not start to detonate (i think because the strings are getting worn out quick from bending) and iv only had these strings on for about 2 weeks... should i change my strings? or except the fact that this is a natural cause of string age and use them for a bit longer?

note i have fairly high action so i guess that would probably make the strings detonation worse than if it was lower

thanx...
regards striker
depending what kind of guitar you, and how its set up, savage bending can and will detune the strings. its just a matter of life. other guitars, u can bend til the cows come home, and u won't lose your tune.
det·o·nate (dtn-t)
intr. & tr.v. det·o·nat·ed, det·o·nat·ing, det·o·nates
To explode or cause to explode.

Now that that's out of the way, are you saying your high e is quickly going out of tune. Or is quickly deteriorating? If it's going out of tune you might want to look into different strings, assuming you intend to maintain your high action. If they're deteriorating, I'd also look into new strings...if they're detonating...then I don't know what to tell you.
^ no i think his high e is exploding. obvious really.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
lol^... I'm talking about intonation going out on the high e because of excessive bending.. it can't be fixed no matter what.. enless new strings
lol^... I'm talking about intonation going out on the high e because of excessive bending.. it can't be fixed no matter what.. unless new strings