Hey
I want to buy a new amp but i don't know which i should buy
Here are my choices:

1. VOX AD100VTXL
2. VOX AD100VT
3. VOX AD50VTXL212

It's only Vox because i haven't got so much money, but when i heard them...i felt in love with vox
We play a lot of alternative/punk music, but i really don't know which of these amps is the best....

Nicki
The 50 watter should be plenty.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Budget? There are probably better amps available for the price of those bigger Voxes.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
Budget? There are probably better amps available for the price of those bigger Voxes.

Tell me please

Are tube amps louder than transistors?
Quote by LP.Reissue
Tell me please

Are tube amps louder than transistors?

Watt for watt, yes they are. But regardless, they sure sound a hell of a lot better.
D.) None of the above.

A tube combo would be much, much better. Where are you located?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The 100 watt Valvetronix amps will get terribly noisy when you start to crank them and are quick to give you all sorts of feedback. The 50 watt is much more civilized. Do note that the Valvetronix series is far from the most reliable thing for sale anywhere. It'll be fine for a while, but don't expect it to last more than two or three years without developing problems of some sort.

I liked my Valvetronix for what it was and it served me well. I'm very happy that I got to spend the time with it that I did as it allowed me to explore a multitude of tonal options that would have been unavailable to me had I just bought a tube combo. This allowed me to be better educated when I did finally start buying good tube amps.

The general consensus on this website is that virtually anything tube is better than virtually anything solid state and that much is far from the truth. Buying a tube amp on nothing more than a recommendation is a shot in the dark: it might get you the tone you need, but likely it won't. A well rounded modeling amp may not sound as good at what it does, but it can help you find YOUR tone and point you in the right direction when you do start spending the money for tube amps. If you know exactly what you want, then buy a tube amp. If you don't, a modeling amp isn't a bad idea.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
A well rounded modeling amp may not sound as good at what it does, but it can help you find YOUR tone and point you in the right direction when you do start spending the money for tube amps.

I agree with this if we're talking about starter/bedroom amps, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I think we have a threadstarter who's looking for a gigging amp. Something for alternative/punk, which would mean that a wide range of stock tube amps would serve him very well. Much better, IMHO, than the Vox AD series in the same price range.

Cheap modelers make good starter amps. Expensive modelers (like Flextone) make good cover/wedding band amps. But for a solid rock (punk, alternative, etc.) sound, you're not going to beat a good tube amp.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yes i have a band and i really need a tube amp. We have lot's of gigs in the future and i want that it sounds very well. I'm the rhythm guitarist so i only play the chords. If somebody can tell me a better amp than the valvetronix please tell me. It only must be in the price class of the valvetronix . Sry for my bad English....i'm 15 and i'm german . I think that i don't really need a 100 watts amp. I think this 50 watts is good....
I don't think you need 50W, I think 30W would be fine. Something like the Laney VC 30 would probably be your best bet. A little more power (and a little less tone, IMHO) for a little less money would be the Peavey Valveking.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
what about that new Bugera 333? since your in germany and its distributed by behringer, a german company, it might be easy to get one cheaper than here in the States. i hear its voiced a lot like a Peavey JSX with great cleans and quite a bit of gain on tap. now i have yet to play any bugera myself, so this is all going off of hearsay. so if you can, threadstarter, check out a bugera amp. though i think 100 watts tube is going to be WAY too much for you. but its always an option.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by slatsmania
I don't think you need 50W, I think 30W would be fine. Something like the Laney VC 30 would probably be your best bet.

For the style of music and purpose I would second the Laney. Plus I would avoid the Vox XL's as they tend to be muddy sounding. For punk/alternative the #2 choice would be better in my opinion.
Quote by rhettro
For the style of music and purpose I would second the Laney. Plus I would avoid the Vox XL's as they tend to be muddy sounding. For punk/alternative the #2 choice would be better in my opinion.

Do you mean that it is positive or negative that it's muddy sounding??? And which Xl's do you mean?
Last edited by LP.Reissue at Mar 18, 2008,
A negative. I was considering a Vox XL to replace my Spider, demoed one and was totally unimpressed, sounded worse than my Spider. =P
okay^^ but i want a good an amp which is good for gigging. it must be only 400€ or so. the guy in the shop showed me the Vox AD50VT so i don't know.....
Quote by LP.Reissue
okay^^ but i want a good an amp which is good for gigging. it must be only 400€ or so. the guy in the shop showed me the Vox AD50VT so i don't know.....

Well for gigging you will probably want a tube amp of some sort. The AD50VT is a good amp, just avoid the XL's.
ok i'll look forward to an Vox AD50VT
And i think, this is my decision
Thanks for your help
You'll be so much better off if you get up a couple more bucks and buy the Laney VC 30. The difference is night and day. I had an AD30VT for my son, swapped it for a 15W tube combo, and never, ever looked back. The Laney will hold it's value a lot better, too.

Buy hey, whatever....

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.