Page 1 of 2
Ok,

After taking hits on every topic I made here for making the stupid decision to get a LINE6 Spider III 75 amp I phoned the guy up at Guitar-Guitar (http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk) and asked about a refund/exchange, and he says it was no problem.

So im going in on Friday latest to get my new amp but im not 100% on what amp to get.

He's ordering me in a Peavey Bandit 112 just cause ive been told on the forum thats the best. But just incase, please tell me what amp I should get, SCREW UG OFFICIAL REVIEWS, I want member reviews!!!

The amp was £200 so ive gt that to play with, maybe little above if its gonna be a big big big difference.

Thanks and reply ASAP.

Please use the website to see what they have etc.

Thanks,

Rowan \m/
Roland cubes and vox valvetronix amps are THE practice amps to buy. I have a roland cube 30, is a great amp for high gain, clean and everything in between. The vox is meant to do better at mid gain classic/hard rock situations but i've had no personal experience with it.

What do you play?
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Spider III's are good dude.
VOX and Peaveys are good for metal from my experience.
Personally, the Spider III surprised me for the best metal sound I can get without a OD or Distortion pedal.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I play Hardrock/Metal

Sorry MaTT but its happening lol.. 300 against, 1 with it.... We cant compete.
i like my spider but i need to sell it. thought i could get myself a band but i don't have the time. workin 12 hours a day kinda gives you no fun time
Washburn MG-42
Shine Telecaster copy
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Spider III 75

Wanna buy:
Ibanez IC400
Quote by .Rowan
So is the Peavey Bandit 112 the best to get for that price???

No. I hate those amps. Get a Roland Cube. 60 if you can afford it, but the 30X is still a damn fine amp.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Lol you get soo much mixed opinions on this forum lol.

One minute its SPIDERS are ****, get a PEAVEY, then its SPIDERS ARE AWSOME, PEAVEYS ARE **** lol.

So confusing.
The Bandit isn't bad but I'd look into a Roland Cube 60 if I were you.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
I have a Roland Microcube just now, so I take it the Roland 60 is just like the step up..

I know I sound n00bish here I just thought Roland etc where like small ****ty basic brands.
Cube 60 is pretty decent sounding (much better than the microcube), and versatile. It will handle gigs as well as practice. You could also look into a Vox AD50VT but I think the Cube would be better for the sounds you want.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Man this is soo confusing lol...

Ok so so far:

Peavey Bandit 112
Roland 60

Any others I should check out
Ill have a check for that too..

Also my m8 said he tried a marshall avt20 and it was good... any opinions?
Generally AVTs aren't that great and are fairly overpriced. You should look no further than the Cube 60, it's the best SS amp under $500.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Cool, so basically there is no better amp out there than a Roland 60 for £200 max?
Quote by .Rowan
Cool, so basically there is no better amp out there than a Roland 60 for £200 max?

Well it's all about taste really. There are some tube amps out there in that price range that may have better tone, but don't do high gain or some of the other features the Cube offers. It's all about what you need and what you'll use, a blues plays does not need a recto model, but a metal player can't do much with a one channel 5 watt tube amp.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Well I play Metal really.. like BFMV, In Flames, Avenged Sevenfold etc
Quote by .Rowan
Well I play Metal really.. like BFMV, In Flames, Avenged Sevenfold etc

peavy valveking... i was in a metal band for a bit my buddy had 2 of em at his house for rehersal..... NASTY! sounding it was sweeetttt or you could go for a peavy those are good too
yeah, that one is a killer amp if you can push your budget for it
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
yeah, that one is a killer amp if you can push your budget for it

It's an ok amp at best, there are better in the price range.

Quote by TMVolta19
Man theres so many and so little time lol..

Im YouTube'ing the amps to see what they sound like but only finding some.

Anyone know any good review sites to check the amps on to see what people really think?

Also I already have a BOSS MT2 Metal Zone so Distortion isnt an issue...
Don't use your metalzone on a tube amp or a modeller...
They won't mix too well
I'd look at either a Valveking plus a boost (or no boost if necessary), or if your budget can stretch to it, a Randall RG50TC
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Cool... I keep getting drawn to the Peavey Bandit 112 and the guy at the store was telling me its one of the best you can get etc...

Also this guy kicks ass and he uses it and told me its a great amp etc:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kareemb0

If I got the Peavey, I take it not alot of people would moan it was the wrong choice?

I mean I know theres alot out there but the Peavey 112 seems to be a very popular one.
look in there used amp section if they have one, maybe you can find a better amp used for cheap.

but i OWED a Line 6 Spider II 75HD 1/2 stack...... it`s not as horrible as people claim it to be, but it doesn`t shine a light on my Marshall. it`s a fun toy has LOTZ of gain, but it is kinda hard to dial in your tone, it does sound kinda muddy, it`s a really dark voiced amp. the Crunch channel is WORTHLESS... the Insane is really dark and muddy , the Metal is the most usable channel and Clean is pretty good too.

a total noob will think it`s the best amp ever LOL, trust me, i`ve never had ANYONE say ANYTHING bad about my amp till i came to this forum, everyone drooled over my Spider 1/2 stack and i sold it THE DAY i put it up for sale.

but with that outta the way, a tube amp is alot better. the Line 6 may have had BRoooTALZ distortion but my Marshall is just as loud if not louder with 25 LESS watts. and side by side, since i still have a 75HD in my house, the Marshall crushes it for tone, the other guitarest (owns the other 75HD) and the singer love my JCM900, the singer knows NOTHING about amps and said wow that marshall sounds so much clearer then the Line 6

but if i had to do it all over again.... i`d buy a Tube amp. since i really diddn`t need 6 effects and 4 channels.
*deep breath*

blackheart and a metal muff?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Thanks Slayer, have you got any links on good tube amps for around £200?
sorry bud i don`t, although if you wanna see what the JCM900`s sound like go youtube them, IF you find a JCM900 combo check it out, also check for a Marshall JCM2000 combo the DSL 401 and 201., but all 3 are probly over your price range, if your looking just for Metal try finding a Peavey Windsor, i`ve never played one, but i`ve heard good things about them and there all tube and CHEAP, the 100 watt head is only like $400 bucks. but don`t know if you`ll find one over there. good luck on your amp search.
dont get a bandit. get a valveking and a boost of some sort.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Whats the big difference from the Bandit and the Valveking?

and what do you mean a boost?
The valveking is a tube amp - so will have sweeter tone, and will get nice overdrive at high volumes, as opposed to the clipping of solid states at high volumes.
The Bandit is nice for a solid state, but a tube amp will be better. A boost is an overdrive of some sort that will push your amp further, so as to get a tighter or heavier sound. Hope that helps
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
THE Biggest DIFFERENCE is that if you get a bandit youll barely be upgrading from your previous amp.a boost is an overdrive pedal or a clean boost pedal. it tightens the amp up so you get a nice chugga chugga sound.
Ok so I would best be getting:

Peavey Valveking 112
BOSS OD-3 Overdrive Pedal

Can I just ask thought, if I got the VALVEKING wouldnt I need to play high volume to hear the proper tone? Cause keeping in mind I cant have it too loud or neighbours (bastards) moan. And is the overdrive essiential, definetly needed?
Quote by .Rowan
Ok so I would best be getting:

Peavey Valveking 112
BOSS OD-3 Overdrive Pedal

Can I just ask thought, if I got the VALVEKING wouldnt I need to play high volume to hear the proper tone? Cause keeping in mind I cant have it too loud or neighbours (bastards) moan. And is the overdrive essiential, definetly needed?

Not neccessarily. It does sound better at louder volumes but itll sound better than the bandit at most any volume. and yea the overdrive is essential or else the amp can be very muddy and not very brutal sounding. also get a bad monkey and not the od-3. more bang for your buck. or if you can afford it get a ibanez or maxon ts-9 or 808
Page 1 of 2