I just heard from one of my friends that Billie Joe Armstrong has cancer, and has 1 - 3 years to live! Can anyone confirm/unconfirm?

I also don't want this to turn into a flaming session. Billie Joe may not have been an awesomely amazing guitarist, but has influenced and entertained many people.
I hope this is true, this could be the best news I've read in a while.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
This rumour's been going around for years.

1-3 years,right?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I really don't believe this is true. Can someone close this thread before it turns into a Green Day hate fest?

By the way, TS, you're late to this party. This was a rumour that went around probably about 3 or 4 years ago..
I actually rather like Green Day. And Billy was the only "punk" I actually had any respect for.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by mafropetee
I actually rather like Green Day. And Billy was the only "punk" I actually had any respect for.

i hope you don't think he is actually punk
Quote by Matt_Malmsteen
I hope this is true, this could be the best news I've read in a while.

Quote by Hultan

Kindly GTFO. I asked a question, and wanted an answer. And asked for no flaming. Also, no stupidity.
Quote by RSOB Bass
Kindly GTFO. I asked a question, and wanted an answer. And asked for no flaming. Also, no stupidity.

+1 Maybe there would be some news on their website, although it's a very personal thing mind you.
Quote by imthehitcher
i hope you don't think he is actually punk

You know what I mean. The whole colorful tie, black masquera, spiked hair look.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Hultan

you should get cancer for saying that....being happy anyone (exept a dictator maybe) gets it is just plain stupid!

GTFO! hope you get banned too
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
There has been no official statement by Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day, their management or The Fox Borough Hot Tubs stating that Billie Joe Armstrong has cancer and is going to die in 1-3 years. Rest assured, what you heard was a rumor and nothing more.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
What? A shitty shitty pop/punk artist with no musical talent is going to die of an even less interesting condition!!!

I really don't care.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Highly unlikely
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
From the Greenday FAQ

Does Billie Joe have throat cancer? The answer is, "No, don't be stupid"

Just an old rumour.