Hey.

(LIFE STORY)
Got a bit of a problem, for VCE (year 11,12) I've chosen to do Music Performance, i'm really only good at the performance not the theory but hey. This isn't entirely theory what i'm asking but it's just stuff I really don't understand what she's asking.

(PROBLEM)
I have to choose a song then answer guidelines on it.
That song is "Black Dog- Led Zeppelin"
It's a short essay and one of the guidelines says.

"What kind of research I should do about styles, composers, influences and other performers interpretations before I start my own interpretation."

Now I really have no idea at all in english what that means.
So if anyone can help out, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers.

EDIT: Also I wasn't entirely sure on which forum to put this in, so if theres a forum to put it in, go ahead.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Sounds pretty obvious to me, style is probably genre, composer Led Zeppelin or some members of them, and other performens interpretations is probably people who have covered it and how they changed it to fit their style. Make sure to include the weird timing used in the drum and/or guitar part.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
The way I understand it is that they want you to research the song/the band/etc before you play it. Is that correct?

I also assume your playing it on guitar?

Write some stuff about Pages guitar style and his influences , any effects/etc used on the recording and anyone whose covered its guitar style (not that I know that anyone has covered Black Dog). This then gives you a greater insight into how you could colour the song when you perform it.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by Mechanixx
The way I understand it is that they want you to research the song/the band/etc before you play it. Is that correct?

I also assume your playing it on guitar?

Write some stuff about Pages guitar style and his influences guitar styles, any effects/etc used on the recording and anyone whose covered its guitar style (not that I know that anyone has covered Black Dog). This then gives you a greater insight into how you could colour the song when you perform it.

Thanks mate that helps, butI play the bass. Still I'll use that has a help and just change it with John Paul Jones.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Ejaculate on a piece of paper and hand that in.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX