I'll be getting new gear soon and I'm thinking of getting a delay pedal and replacing my current wah.

Budget constraints of $150 max on each effect. So I can get pretty much anything.
I play stuff like Dream Theater, Velvet Revolver, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Guns and Roses and things like that.

I was looking at the Slash Signature Wah from dunlop, the sound bytes sound pretty good and assuming Slash uses it on all his Velvet Revolver stuff, sounds pretty damn awesome. Would this be a good choice for like rock and the occasional funk and RHCP stuff?

For delay, I was looking at Both the Boss DD-6 and Digitech DigiDelay. Both of them sound pretty solid, although the Digitech one eats through the batttery pretty fast, I'm wondering if the DD-6 also eats through?
The Marshall Echohead Digital Delay also looks pretty awesome.
Though the delay pedal I will get must be able to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5OWTll6BI
Which is just straight forward delay.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Save for a new amp first.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
+1. I also recomend for the wah getting a fulltone wah and for the delay getting a Memory Man with Hazari (sp) or a Deluxe Memory Man.
My interests are not in a new amp right now as my Laney is suitable for my situation at hand.
So please disregard my amplifier.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Well I'm still sticking with my original statement, but if you're set on a wah and delay whatever. A Vox or Buddha wah would be much better than anything by Dunlop, and as for delay you won't get much for $150. I would suggest saving $250 for a Line 6 DL-4.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by thebrewfan
^the Memory Man with Hazari is more verstile than that and it sounds better.

Haha you serious? it may sound a LITTLE better, but it is FAR off from being more versatile.

Quote by TMVolta19
Quote by omarrodrigez
and as for delay you won't get much for $150. I would suggest saving $250 for a Line 6 DL-4.

The DL-4 is pretty much the industry standard. It's a fantastic unit and is pretty much the minimum that anyone looking for a quality delay should be looking at.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by omarrodrigez
Haha you serious? it may sound a LITTLE better, but it is FAR off from being more versatile.

Oh yeah I forgot about the useless settings on the DL-4 like Sweep echo and low res.

Trust me the Hazari is a much better pedal.

Edit: Oh did I mention that the DL-4 has a habit of breaking? Yes the geniuses down at Line 6 put the footswitches directly on the circut board. EHX is a much better company.
Last edited by thebrewfan at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by thebrewfan
Oh yeah I forgot about the useless settings on the DL-4 like Sweep echo and low res.

Trust me the Hazari is a much better pedal.

Edit: Oh did I mention that the DL-4 has a habit of breaking? Yes the geniuses down at Line 6 put the footswitches directly on the circut board. EHX is a much better company.

I use all of the settings on the DL-4, and tons of people I know have had theirs for a long time without any troubles. I love EHX stuff, and am about to buy a DMM, but I don't see how you can deny that the DL-4 is a great pedal.

Quote by TMVolta19
It would be a good pedal if it didn't break. I just think if you're paying $250 for a pedal you shouldn't have to worry about it breaking. I know that there isn't a 100% chance that it will break but for $250 I want something solid.
re: delay, all delays eat batteries like crazy. get a power supply, or get one that comes with a power supply. i have an akai headrush. you could probably get one used for your budget. i like it, lots, and it has a looper too. and comes with a power supply. hooray.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.