Ok so I've been researching and taking advice from many members of this forum(and thank those who helped) and went to guitar center to see what would be good for my first set up. I settled on 3 different guitars and 4 amp combos. Id link to keep my budget no higher than 400 and im looking to play metal and hard rock if that helps. Any advice on which one to pick up would be appreciated.

Guitars

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads JS Series Electric Guitar ($299)
Link

Ibanez GRG170DX Electric Guitar ($249)
Link

Ibanez GSA60 Electric Guitar ($199)
Link

AMPs

Fender Frontman 10G 10W Guitar Combo Amp ($59)
Link

Crate FlexWave Series FW15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp ($69)
Link

Fender Frontman 15G Guitar Combo Amp ($79)
Link

Line 6 Spider III 15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp ($99)
Link
You should be spending more on your amp, because it's more of your tone. I'd hate to see you get any of those amps.. none of them are good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well if you have $400, get a blackheart 15w tube amp. They're $250, but it's a good rule of thumb to spend more on your amp anyway.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078
I haven't tried one, but I've heard good things. Then spend the rest on your guitar. An Epi Valve Junior is another good option, but you'd probably need a distortion pedal to play metal and hard rock.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Yea well I was trying to get a guitar+amp with enough left over for some other accessories like a bag/case, better pickups or and instructional dvd or something along those lines lol.
Quote by xEvolutionx
Yea well I was trying to get a guitar+amp with enough left over for some other accessories like a bag/case, better pickups or and instructional dvd or something along those lines lol.

You don't need new pickups until you have a really nice amp, because the amp makes a much bigger difference. And you can probably learn more from UG and YouTube than from DVD's. I suppose the case is understandable though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
You don't need new pickups until you have a really nice amp, because the amp makes a much bigger difference. And you can probably learn more from UG and YouTube than from DVD's. I suppose the case is understandable though.

Ah I see well i thought i had to cause I see alot of people say they upgrade their pickups after getting a guitar so I thought the ones that came on it were not that good or wouldnt be good for more complex songs. I've seen a few lessons on youtube but its hard to find some when "guitar" is in the search bar and all these guitar hero videos come up lol. O and is Monster cable any good for hooking up the guitar to the amp? Almost forgot I kinda need a cable in order to play...
Sometimes even experienced pros don't bother changing pickups, it's usually the 14 year old kids with OCD who recommend that you replace the stock pickups of whichever guitar they recommend - for a beginner it's not even close to being an issue.

The Blackheart is a lovely amp, but it's not really a "beginner" amp, the best thing to get when starting is arguably a Roland Microcube. It's cheap, portable, runs off batteries and has a good range of sounds as well as some built in effects. That way you'll get an idea of the kind of sounds you want when you do finally invest in a larger amp - also you'll still have a use for the Microcube due to it running off batteries - all the amps you've listed will be redundant as soon as you upgrade.

Scratch the Jackson off your list - it's overpriced and also V shapes are awkward to play sitting down so not ideal for a beginner. Of the two Ibanezes the GSA is better value.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Sometimes even experienced pros don't bother changing pickups, it's usually the 14 year old kids with OCD who recommend that you replace the stock pickups of whichever guitar they recommend - for a beginner it's not even close to being an issue.

The Blackheart is a lovely amp, but it's not really a "beginner" amp, the best thing to get when starting is arguably a Roland Microcube. It's cheap, portable, runs off batteries and has a good range of sounds as well as some built in effects. That way you'll get an idea of the kind of sounds you want when you do finally invest in a larger amp - also you'll still have a use for the Microcube due to it running off batteries - all the amps you've listed will be redundant as soon as you upgrade.

Scratch the Jackson off your list - it's overpriced and also V shapes are awkward to play sitting down so not ideal for a beginner. Of the two Ibanezes the GSA is better value.

Yea I've decided on the GSA to have more flexibility with my AMP shopping, im taking the blackheart into consideration but its all kinda confusing right now, I have no idea what tube power is, and all these amps that have effects, tremble and stuff like that just add on, guess I need to search the lessons to get a better understanding. But thanks to you, stradivari, and iorns for your help so far.
id definatly get the ibanez strat but if you realy want the v shape then save up for a jackson rr3
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
We're out for a blue guitar, I see! To be honest, I'd recommend getting a Fender (or Squier) Stratocaster or Telecaster. They start at about $150, but they give great sound. I have a Squier Strat and I've used it for about a year now and never had a problem with it. I'd spend more on an amp, instead, I'd recommend getting a Roland Micro Cube. Great sound, small amp, and a bunch of effects, and it costs $125. Spider III gives bad sound in my opinion (even though it has some effects), and if you want to go cheap on an amp, get a 15W Fender Frontman ($79). Very beginner, but good clean sound and you can mess around with the Drive setting on it. The stuff you listed is good (although not really the Spider III or the Frontman 10W, and the V-shaped Ibanez), but I'd recommend the stuff I just listed above; it's cheaper (total) and great quality for a beginner.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
We're out for a blue guitar, I see! To be honest, I'd recommend getting a Fender (or Squier) Stratocaster or Telecaster. They start at about $150, but they give great sound. I have a Squier Strat and I've used it for about a year now and never had a problem with it. I'd spend more on an amp, instead, I'd recommend getting a Roland Micro Cube. Great sound, small amp, and a bunch of effects, and it costs $125. Spider III gives bad sound in my opinion (even though it has some effects), and if you want to go cheap on an amp, get a 15W Fender Frontman ($79). Very beginner, but good clean sound and you can mess around with the Drive setting on it. The stuff you listed is good (although not really the Spider III or the Frontman 10W, and the V-shaped Ibanez), but I'd recommend the stuff I just listed above; it's cheaper (total) and great quality for a beginner.

Thanks for the info, and looking at the stratocaster now on GC it seems like a pretty good deal being at the 150 mark, though some are saying it gives a buzzing sound and an uncomfortable neck so im still hesitant on spending money on a really cheap guitar. And since everyone is against the spider i guess its off the list lol. I still dont know what effects are on an amp, I mean I think they give a different sound to your guitar but like what kind of sounds? Cause I want it to have a nice sound found in the metal genre and not just a out of the box sound. Im still taking amps into consideration, the 15W Fender sounds nice but what exactly is drive? Still new when it comes to amps. Thanks for your input though.
i actually just started, playing electric and i have a vox ad15vt. it has plenty of features to keep you entertained for a while. it cost $200. if you want something a little cheaper, a roland micro cube is also nice and costs $126 and as stated above its portable and can run on batteries.