What sort of settings/equipment should I use to get the sound from Master of Puppets for the first melodic easy solo? The one that starts 15th fret on the high e.
If I'm not mistaken.... I think that metallica was using Mesa Mark IV amps around that time.. the other gear I don't know...
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
I'm more interested in the amp settings and effects. I can't quite afford what Metallica uses.
mids all the way down, highs all the way up, lows probably somewhere in the middle. try it, i use those settings to get master of puppets sound on my 5150, with pressence and gain up there
It's all about feel
use a marshall gen'rul pedal to get the nice soft distortion and that solo has a very neo-classical tone so id go with a yngwie strat or something like it and the amp doesnt matter to much if ur using a pedal so as long as it has lots of gain ull be good.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
A coil tapped humbucker will get close enough the sound, maybe? I dpn't own any pedals

I'm still a beginner at guitar, even though I play fairly well now.
Parabellum is online now Edit/Delete Message
Quote by Parabellum
I'm more interested in the amp settings and effects. I can't quite afford what Metallica uses.

The amp settings don't mean squat unless you have the same amp. In all honesty there's no point trying to copy tones of recordings, not only do they have different equipment, they've also gone through untold studio processing to get it perfect.

Just find a tone that works well with the equipment you have.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The amp settings don't mean squat unless you have the same amp. In all honesty there's no point trying to copy tones of recordings, not only do they have different equipment, they've also gone through untold studio processing to get it perfect.

Just find a tone that works well with the equipment you have.

+1
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

:S

Yeah, I've been tweaking my amp and quite get what I want...

I'll stick with what I have.
Metallica is known to use up to 10 different amps, thousands of dollars of rack gear and who knows what studio techniques... No way you can get the exact same tone with just 1 amp.
I just wanted something that sounded like the tone. I realize that I can't imitate the genuine tone with what I have.