I saw him play it live, and for the opening riff he unplugs his guitar, and drags the cable across the strings, and SOMEHOW it still makes the sound. How the **** does he do this????
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
Magnetic response of the pickups to the lead, I think...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
yea it works. havent you ever tapped a cable with your finger after you unplug it. basically what dead fish said
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I hate Tom Morello his solo's are only impresive to n00bs and people who don't get guitars.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
I thought he used an allen wrench for that.

Quote by Cloudkill
I hate Tom Morello his solo's are only impresive to n00bs and people who don't get guitars.

As opposed to who? Yngwie Malmsteen?
Quote by Cloudkill

Ive been playing about 6 years and I think he's great.
In my opinion he is not a guitar player but a chav who got confused between a mixing deck and a guitar.

Where is the talent in scratching guitar strings?

Yngwie Malmsteen also another example of talentless lets play some notes that sound fast and I’ll play them anywhere so kids will think I’m Kool!

All this stuff is great in moderation but they play like that through there entire guitar solo and it’s boring.

Fender 2006 Anniversary
Quote by Cloudkill
In my opinion he is not a guitar player but a chav who got confused between a mixing deck and a guitar.

Yngwie Malmsteen also another example of talentless lets play some notes that sound fast and I’ll play them anywhere so kids will think I’m Kool!

All this stuff is great in moderation but they play like that through there entire guitar solo and it’s boring.

Are you a troll, or are you just stupid? I don't see YOU doing any innovating things with guitar at all. Music isn't about skill its about emotion you tool. Stop playing guitar because you're obviously missing the point.
Smart Real Estate Invenstor
Quote by Cloudkill

wow I hope your nice guitar collections gets burned.
i love it when people have to flame great innovational guitarists b/c everyone else notices the uniqueness in their talent!!

if he did it less people would b!tch b/c they dont get to hear it enough, if it does it more it's too much, if he stays like he is, people b!tch that he's just runnin outta ideas and beatin a dead horse.

i like that he does it a lot, it shows that it isn't just 'luck' of hitting it at the right spot at right time coincidentially, but that he's REALLY manipulating it to do WHATEVER he wants it to, HOWEVER LONG he wants it to!!

long live tom. PhD in Political Science, Valedictorian of his class (Harvard BTW), so that alone makes him collossal. dont be jealous b/c he uses his genious thinking to make white noise and feedback his dominatrix-dressed helpless b!tch.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
lol I don't need to be jealous of anyone, I don't care about anyone else who likes him that’s fear enough as his famous so his going to have fans but it's people who try to defend him with lack of argument, like RandyRhoads2 his lack of any defence and instant fire up suggests the nature of his types of fans.

Fender 2006 Anniversary
lol i feel ya. i dont try to defend those who i know nothin about, but i can definitely see the creativity it takes to make sounds like Tom.

RATM's "Take the Power Back" has some lead in it that doesn't use any effects and shows that Tom can play acurately and with great speed so i think that destroys the myth that all his tone is coming from the effects.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
lol i feel ya. i dont try to defend those who i know nothin about, but i can definitely see the creativity it takes to make sounds like Tom.

RATM's "Take the Power Back" has some lead in it that doesn't use any effects and shows that Tom can play acurately and with great speed so i think that destroys the myth that all his tone is coming from the effects.

See that’s a better argument give me an example, and I might hold my hands up and say ok you got me that’s a pretty good song.
But wishing my guitar collection will burn real mature!

Fender 2006 Anniversary
Quote by Toniofalcon
I thought he used an allen key for that.

he may well have done on the recording....
Adam
Last edited by adzlee123 at Mar 18, 2008,
Cloudkill,

Everyone's allowed an opinion, just I don't feel that the whole "impressive only to n00bs" thing is fair.

Tom Morello is no slouch when it comes to playing guitar, but you have to give him props for being original. His solo's may not be the most melodical but there is no doubt that he is a fabulous guitar player.
Quote by adzlee123
he may well have done on the recording....

no he does live too, he scrapes an allen wrench on the A string for the verses and the E string for the choruses

to the TS, the song your probably thinking of is testify, where the solo he actually does unplug the guitar and taps a metal part of the guitar while manipulating the wah

yeah im a morello geek
NOPE
Quote by Cloudkill

no i agree...most of the time he just rapes the whammy pedal on two or three notes...and yeah...pushing a chord against your strings? does anyone realize hes not even hitting notes??? hes just making noises? how is that impressive?
Quote by GuitarSpike
Are you a troll, or are you just stupid? I don't see YOU doing any innovating things with guitar at all. Music isn't about skill its about emotion you tool. Stop playing guitar because you're obviously missing the point.

wheres the emotion in taking a guitar cable and hitting it on the strings of your guitar?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Last edited by bi-ah! at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by bi-ah!
no i agree...most of the time he just rapes the whammy pedal on two or three notes...and yeah...pushing a chord against your strings? does anyone realize hes not even hitting notes??? hes just making noises? how is that impressive?

wheres the emotion in taking a guitar cable and hitting it on the strings of your guitar?

You serious? How isn't it emotion? Because hes not playing the guitar the proper way? Stop kidding yourself. Sad that you can't see art/emotion in that. You probably would neglect noise music also because theres no melody?

Cloudkill - You're an idiot stop posting.
Smart Real Estate Invenstor
Quote by GuitarSpike
You serious? How isn't it emotion? Because hes not playing the guitar the proper way? Stop kidding yourself. Sad that you can't see art/emotion in that. You probably would neglect noise music also because theres no melody?

Cloudkill - You're an idiot stop posting.

are you serious or being sarcastic...music cant be music without having a melody? or then its just noise...which isnt music...its just noise...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!

Go and listen to the solo on Township Rebellion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r13MQyr8RQs
See Tom can do nice "classical/normal" solo's too.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
this has probably been said but he slides an allen key right near the bridge to change the pitch on the A string. he picks 2 then 0.

|-2slide-0-|
I mosh continuosly