As the title says, I am looking for a Schecter for under $500. I am leaning towards the C-1 Artist Limited Edition, but I want to try it out first, but MusiciansFriend has it on sale for $450, but i can't try it out! What should i do?
Musicians Friend has a 45 Day return policy on most items, if you don't like it you can return it as long as it's within the 45 days

Happy Playing!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you buy a Schecter and you're unhappy with it, it's proabably a one-off defect guitar. They tend to be very price-worthy and consistent in quality. So unless you're known for having bad luck, I wouldn't worry too much if you do get one online.
See if you can find a C-1 Classic used somewhere. I got mine for 450 dollars and it is incredible, i would argue better than the artist or elite.
Ironic, I recommended that guitar to someone just 2 minutes ago. They are on back order, 4/4/08 delivery at the earliest. You should try one somewhere first though. Good luck.
Quote by Sadistic sponge
See if you can find a C-1 Classic used somewhere. I got mine for 450 dollars and it is incredible, i would argue better than the artist or elite.

That guitar costs like $900, so if you got it mint it was practically a miracle. You're better off avoiding that headache and going for the Artist.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Used C-1 Plus would also be a great choice. If you want new, then the Artist is your best bet.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Every Schecter I've ever played has felt amazing. I'd say it's worth taking a chance, but it's your call.
I bought a B-Stock Schecter S-1 Blackjack without playing it off of ebay for $300 and it's a great instrument.

Go for the C-1 Artist
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.