Seriously my wrist does NOT feel right. I've been to the doctors already and I was told that it was muscle damage.

But now I'm in pain and to make it even worse it's my right wrist which hurts, which is my plucking/slapping hand.

Any suggestions Pit??? No 'u hav AIDS' comments please!
More like your phucking/fapping hand! Zing!
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
The bible has your answers my friend.
Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possibility.

This will linger.
xxx
I have a pain in between my very top joint on my ring finger.... I dont know what it is but it makes me sad,
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Stop playing with yourself and your bass for a few days. No drumming either.

Awwwwwwww.....
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Seriously my wrist does NOT feel right. I've been to the doctors already and I was told that it was muscle damage.

But now I'm in pain and to make it even worse it's my right wrist which hurts, which is my plucking/slapping hand.

Masturbate with the other hand!

Lie on it 'til it goes dead and then it'll feel like someone else! That way, you wont be cheating on your right hand because you will have fooled your body into thinking that it isn't you!

Seriously though, just rest it up. It'll be fine. I'm getting DC in my hands. At least your ailment can be fixed!
Quote by Mud Martian
Dont be an idiot! The only way staying awake for three days could be anywhere near beneficial is if you are,

A) Writing a hit album.
B) Behind enemy lines.
C) Writing a hit album behind enemy lines!
you might wanna consider getting xrays... just in case... same thing happened after i broke my wrist mountainbiking, went to the hospital for tha rays, ya digg? and they said it was nothing, 4 months later i'm in hospital getting surgery for it... so yeah, you might wanna consider the rays
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

for the time being, smack your woman with your other hand
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Awwwwwwww.....

Think of it as a hiatus or something. Your wrist will surely feel better if you won't play until next monday.

btw, Your bass is so god damn cool
I'd say just stop playing for a few days, maybe a week, come back and see how you're doing. If you're still hurting take it to a doctor and get some x-rays, that will give you some good answers
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Think of it as a hiatus or something. Your wrist will surely feel better if you won't play until next monday.

True, but I could be doing myself even more damage by not using it.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

The bassist in my band had a similar problem. How do you play the bass? Is your wrist arched over the top of the bass to pluck the strings. Do you have your bass high on the strap?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

But you should think about the greater good... Being able to rock out with your sweet bass without any pains. Just like the old times. How does that sound?

You could always not have a break and play and whine about it on the interwebz.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Rest it for a few days and see what happens...
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']But you should think about the greater good... Being able to rock out with your sweet bass without any pains. Just like the old times. How does that sound?

You could always not have a break and play and whine about it on the interwebz.

True.

Cheers about the bass, she is the nicest bass I've played.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
True.

Cheers about the bass, she is the nicest bass I've played.

Yeah. I do know where you're coming from.

Meh, would I love to make it with that bass

You should work on your practice stance and scrap out any bad habits you might have.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Mar 18, 2008,
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Yeah. I do know where you're coming from.

Meh, would I love to make it with that bass

You should work on your practice stance and scrap out any bad habits you might have.

Seen as I'm at university I might pop along to the music department and have a word with the performance lecturers. Maybe I can get some advice from them.

The weight of the bass means I play low just to avoid back trouble. I think that's causing the trouble.
Last edited by Fassa Albrecht at Mar 18, 2008,
Try the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) method for awhile, I'd say a couple to a few weeks.

I also have wrist pain in my left wrist, and it's halting my workouts. I'm going to RICE it for awhile, at the advice of some Army Rangers.
My God, it's full of stars!
OMG! CARPEL TUNNEL FTW!

But seriously... I really don't know. See a physician instead of doctors, they would know much more about muscles & joints, etc.