I'm thinking of getting this head with a matching cabinet, 2000euro altogether! I play Deftones, System of a Down, Mastodon style stuff, but me and my band utilizes influences from The Strokes, Interpol and Biffy Clyro as well.
So I need a amp that can provide that kind of crushing crunch distortion, not death metal distortion, but also have the nice sparkling cleans for softer playing.
I NEED an amp with diversity.
the videos and reviews all seemed promising, but what does everyone else think? Those who have experienced, what is there opinion based on my 2000euro budget and specs as I've just mentioned? Or even just better suggestions maybe?
The Trilogy is a fantastic amp and, in my opinion, doesn't quite get the respect it deserves. It's surprisingly versatile and though it won't get ridiculous distortion, it'll do an excellent job at just about everything else. I particularly liked the cleans on the amp when I got to mess with one.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
The Trilogy is a fantastic amp and, in my opinion, doesn't quite get the respect it deserves. It's surprisingly versatile and though it won't get ridiculous distortion, it'll do an excellent job at just about everything else. I particularly liked the cleans on the amp when I got to mess with one.

Sweet dude, thanks for that! On the clips I saw, the distortion was quite high but it was more real distortion instead of fake, well not fake but more...well yeah fake!