Poll: who has more pressure?
Poll Options
View poll results: who has more pressure?
MALES.....!!!!
60 17%
...FEMALES!!!!!!!
75 22%
both have EQUAL pressure
15 4%
they have different pressures .....
146 42%
No pressure at all .. for both
11 3%
(and the always popular option) LOL WUT!!!
39 11%
Voters: 348.
Page 1 of 5
so which gender do you think has more pressure from society ??!!

for example: women are expected to be mothers, they have to be "ladylike"

men: are expected to be strong and ...not cry, men are supposed to defend their familes

let the debate BEGIN!
Females by far. All that crap out there of how they should look.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I think more girls than guys have problems fitting into their "role".
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by justin_fraser

agreed females are always expected to "look" a certain way.

they have to be "pretty" .... the way the media likes it
Quote by justin_fraser

I don't agree. I think it's a lot more difficult to be a man that's considered good looking than a woman who is.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I don't agree. I think it's a lot more difficult to be a man that's considered good looking than a woman who is.

that is true but... on the other hand guys dont get criticized as much by their peers or the media if the arnt good looking.
Girls I think. They have a lot more trouble in school and such, what with being popular and all that kind of crap. Plus its a fact that girls stress and freak out over exams a lot more than guys do.
hermaphrodites.
Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possibility.

This will linger.
xxx
I think men, to be honest. Males are a hell of a lot more competetive and aggressive.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Men, I'm very traditional so I expect to be able to support a family by myself.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
men dont know there roles in society anymore.
hello! I feel alot happier these day so feel loved by these so entertaining smiles

I would also say women. With all those glamour-magazines and stuff makes them think they all have to look like skeletons with to much make-up to get men's attentions.
It depends on the society and culture that you're talking about.

+1

Over here it's probably women for the most part- equal rights and such just seems to have made it so women are meant to have jobs, but hasn't got so far that women aren't supposed to also look after the kids.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by groose
I would also say women. With all those glamour-magazines and stuff makes them think they all have to look like skeletons with to much make-up to get men's attentions.

I don't think it's so much to get the attention of men, as it is to look more attractive to themselves and/or be socially accepted.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by petrina_678
men: are expected to be strong and ...not cry, men are supposed to defend their familes

Wow...really?

I ****ing fail...
I honestly think men do.
Heres what I see as far as both as your ordinary family. (I know this doesn't apply to everyone.)

Men: Have to be the main provider, the one that keeps the family running, the one that disciplines the kids.

Women: To look good and to be able to keep a house running.

A lot of wives put things off on their husbands and make them make all the decisions.

Why do you think so many husbands are alcoholics?
i said both have different pressures, but if i had to pick, it would be women. they have to go through so much to be accepted by society. there are girls who kill themselves because people don't accept them for who they are. and men always want them to be skinny and pretty and ready to go whenever (its their dream, and you can't tell me that you guys dont want that)

..and by the way, there are girls in the world who do like guys with small penises...
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
i said both have different pressures, but if i had to pick, it would be women. they have to go through so much to be accepted by society. there are girls who kill themselves because people don't accept them for who they are. and men always want them to be skinny and pretty and ready to go whenever (its their dream, and you can't tell me that you guys dont want that)

..and by the way, there are girls in the world who do like guys with small penises...

Not really a fair comment, you're generalising too much.
Both men and women have different pressures. I wouldn't say that one gender has more than the other because they are pressured for different things.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by Tom_hatton

To butt in, although not all men want women to be skinny and pretty, all women are conditioned by social and media pressure to believe that all men want that, which is actually worse, as it becomes hard for an individual man to convince an individual woman that that's not what he wants. Also, whatever the man may prefer himself, if he's not with a girl who's conventionally attractive he'll be told by his peers and influenced by the media that he should be, and that he doesn't really think the woman he's with is attractive. Long story short, I think the comment was fair, if under developed.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Women. Definately women.

Wear makeup. Look pretty. Stay thin. Stay subservient. Act cute. Be good at cooking. Wear dresses. Put up with smutty remarks. Like children. Have children. Put family before career. Be a supportive wife/girlfriend. Put male needs above yours. Don't have a bigger ego than your boyfriend. Don't be too bossy or arrogant as these are considered manly characteristics. Gossip. Be interested in pop culture. Act the same as everybody else. Keep things tidy.

*kills self*
Quote by Tom_hatton

well, it said nothing about being specific..i didn't say all guys. i know there a plenty of guys out there in which all of what i said does not apply to.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I think girls have it harder, but I think it'd be nice if more people recognized that guys have pressures as well and that it's not always a cake walk having a ding dong as opposed to saying "liek OMG us gurlz hav it so hard! guyz hav it sew e-z!!1"
I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. If I had a dime for every time some girl that barely even knew me told me that, like all the other guys, all I wanted was sex, I'd have at least fifty cents.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Women. Definately women.

Wear makeup. Look pretty. Stay thin. Stay subservient. Act cute. Be good at cooking. Wear dresses. Put up with smutty remarks. Like children. Have children. Put family before career. Be a supportive wife/girlfriend. Put male needs above yours. Don't have a bigger ego than your boyfriend. Don't be too bossy or arrogant as these are considered manly characteristics. Gossip. Be interested in pop culture. Act the same as everybody else. Keep things tidy.

*kills self*

but do you really feel pressured to do that? i think that men are pressured quite alot to be open minded, unassuming, and in general subservant to their fat and psycopathic wives who thrash them within inches of their lives...sorry for the pink floyd moment...
Too cool for a signature.
stereotypically women

having to be 'broken' to have sex
carrying the baby
giving birth to the baby
looking after the baby and/or house
bleeding ever month

all we do is poke people and go on our merry way

but in this day and age, roles are revesing (not about having babys and ****)
Quote by chrisatgrace
but do you really feel pressured to do that? i think that men are pressured quite alot to be open minded, unassuming, and in general subservant to their fat and psycopathic wives who thrash them within inches of their lives...sorry for the pink floyd moment...

Do I feel judged for being ugly? Yes. Society says we should all look pretty. If I go out to get a pint of milk without makeup on I get the dirtiest looks from everyone, because I'm not conforming.

OH AND WHY THE FUCK ARE THE GUITAR MAGAZINES IN WH SMITH'S FILED UNDER MEN'S INTERESTS?!?!?!!!?!!!11

But perhaps that's a different topic Perhaps I'm not MEANT to find them, in the hope I'll buy heat magazine instead, and go out and buy that pretty dress and stay at home baking cookies.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Do I feel judged for being ugly? Yes. Society says we should all look pretty. If I go out to get a pint of milk without makeup on I get the dirtiest looks from everyone, because I'm not conforming.

OH AND WHY THE FUCK ARE THE GUITAR MAGAZINES IN WH SMITH'S FILED UNDER MEN'S INTERESTS?!?!?!!!?!!!11

But perhaps that's a different topic Perhaps I'm not MEANT to find them, in the hope I'll buy heat magazine instead, and go out and buy that pretty dress and stay at home baking cookies.

I can smell feminism on this post.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

...You have a store in your kitchen?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

1. men feel judged for being ugly/fat too though...
2. i frankly prefer girls without makeup.
3. that is sad about guitar magazines...sexist pigs
Quote by rabidguitarist

And what's wrong with that? I'm male and I support feminism. Everyone with a brain should, if they know anything about the subject. (and if they don't they should read more )
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Quote by rabidguitarist

I smell YOUR FACE on this post!! >.<

I mean, hai rabid

And men don't get judged nearly as much. If a girl wants to go to a party, she will take a lot longer getting ready. Even if you don't care what you look like, you still have to get to that state of mind knowing that everybody WILL be judging you for what you are wearing.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I mean, hai rabid

And men don't get judged nearly as much. If a girl wants to go to a party, she will take a lot longer getting ready. Even if you don't care what you look like, you still have to get to that state of mind knowing that everybody WILL be judging you for what you are wearing.

Yeah, I see that. But I don't agree with all the stuff about staying at home in a dress and baking.

But still- I take ages getting ready for parties, and I get judged for what I wear. So it doesn't apply exclusively to women.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I mean, hai rabid

people only judge you and talk about how you look because they know that you care about it and that they can hurt you with those comments.
Page 1 of 5