I have a bogner shiva head which has 3 speaker outs..2 8 ohms and 1 16 ohm... I have a bogner 4x12 cab rated at 16 ohms and a dr.Z 2x12 rated at 8...both cabs have 16 ohm speakers. I know it is imposible to wire the 4x12 to 8 ohms and also the 2x12 is imposible to wire to 16.. so my question is this.. I have never heard of a 32 ohm cab..but what if I wired my 2x12 speakers in series to make it 32 ohms..and then ran it in parallel with my 16 ohm 4x12 making a total impedance of 10.6 ohms and plugged that into a 8 ohm jack? is that safe for the amp? or is there any other possible solution other than buying new speakers or mod-ing the amp?
from what I know the Ohms goes down the more you connect....
atleast with PA systems...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by zzking
I have a bogner shiva head which has 3 speaker outs..2 8 ohms and 1 16 ohm... I have a bogner 4x12 cab rated at 16 ohms and a dr.Z 2x12 rated at 8...both cabs have 16 ohm speakers. I know it is imposible to wire the 4x12 to 8 ohms and also the 2x12 is imposible to wire to 16.. so my question is this.. I have never heard of a 32 ohm cab..but what if I wired my 2x12 speakers in series to make it 32 ohms..and then ran it in parallel with my 16 ohm 4x12 making a total impedance of 10.6 ohms and plugged that into a 8 ohm jack? is that safe for the amp? or is there any other possible solution other than buying new speakers or mod-ing the amp?

It usually says somewhere in the instruction manual what the amp can and can't hold, and most of them have protection against this kind of thing should it backfire so as not to damage the amp... or at the least, the amp would warn you about clipping or somthing like that.