I decided that once I get my taxes back I'm going to buy a new guitar. I need a more metal guitar. So I was going to go with a C-1 FR(either Hellraiser or Blackjack) but then I cam across a LTD MH-1000
I can't decide on which one.

How is the neck on these guitars, since this guitar is mostly going to be for shred kind of stuff and metal.
EMGs or Blackouts? What is the real differences tone wise?

I have little experience with actives, but have always wanted to try them out.

Thank you in advance for the help.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Is it a Blackjack ATX? If so, go with that. If not, go with the Hellraiser. The Hellraiser and the MH-1000 are basically the same guitar but the Hellraiser looks better and costs less.
EDIT: Actually the Hellraisers now also have better pickups than the MH-1000 (in that they've got coil tap) so I'd go with that. Only possible benefit of the MH-1000 is that it's "Set-Thru," which actually sounds exactly like Schecter's Ultra-Access anyway.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Last edited by ManInAClownSuit at Mar 18, 2008,
MH-1000 is so much more badass. That and it plays really nice. A shop next to me has one and, damn, that thing is sweet.
The MH-1000's neck is much more comfy IMO.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by JagStang5246
MH-1000 is so much more badass. That and it plays really nice. A shop next to me has one and, damn, that thing is sweet.

Look dude, the MH-1000 is practically the same as the Hellraiser, even in looks, but with slightly crappier pickups. There is no way it's "so much more badass."
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
The pickups aren't crappier on the LTD by any means. Its the same setup without coiltap, something which I could care less for. Thats your call though. I think the LTD looks better. I've played both of them too, and I thought the LTD played much better.
Yea coil tap is virtually useless. All it does is lower the output strength to mimic a single coil. I have that on my h500 and never use it. Never. I would recommend the MH1000. Although they are similar, the MH has a better feel to it. I felt a lot more comfortable playing on it. And I kind of think the Schecter's look mad corny. That flamed blood color and the awkward inlays, kill the look for me.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated