I like it, but it sounds very empty and repetitive without vocals.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Thanks for listening. I've gotten that from a lot of people, and the stuff I'm writing now is keeping that in mind.
Quote by BBell
I like it alot, i love tera melos... i dont know how they do it... anyway dont worry about not having vocals. You just have to keep them on their feet (which i think you do) but id recommend maybe switching effects more.

haha nice leyendecker cover

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BBell/music/all/play249367 You might like my band, its pretty chill jazz.

Thanks for listening.

And I'm really digging "Night" by your band. You guys sound like you have your act together.
i like your stuff man. check out some of my stuff on my profile. its not really math metal as much as it is prog but regardless..i guess its similar. again...props on the songs
I just learned a new type of genre. Math Rock. Its an empty sounding kind of genre. Not just vocals, but it sounds like a poetry club kind of thing. And it looks like you didnt work very hard on it either. Just boring drums and guitar. Im scared for you guys to put in vocals, it'll probably sound even worse.
I wouldnt go so far as to call it math rock. Aconite Thrill I would call math rock.
But anyway i really like it. got a nice jazzy feel and the recording is pretty good. and all at 15.
Wow dude, you cant expect everyone to like it. I was waiting for some fag to make fun of my comment.
Quote by THIS ISNT WASCO
I know this isn't gonna go over well here in zeppelin-land, but i make experimental rock that draws influence from bands like Tera Melos, Kayo Dot, Battles, Sleeping People, and other forward thinking rock bands.

http://www.myspace.com/johnricco

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Nice! I liked it.
shred is gaudy music
Thanks guys!!

Clypse, you are entitled to your opinion. However, there's no need to be dick, or dismiss an entire genre. Are you basing your opinion of math rock off my music? If you are, well, BIG mistake.
Quote by THIS ISNT WASCO
Thanks guys!!

Clypse, you are entitled to your opinion. However, there's no need to be dick, or dismiss an entire genre. Are you basing your opinion of math rock off my music? If you are, well, BIG mistake.
Dude I have a right to have against math rock. Hey give this man a kudos bar because he wrote a slow song. Oh, and no, its not just yours, I have heard plenty of math rock, I never liked. But no such thing as the perfect genre!. And seriously, just because I dont like it, doesnt give you any right come at me like that. Hey, I like heavy metal, you dont like it, I DONT CARE.
Quote by Clypse
Dude I have a right to have against math rock. Hey give this man a kudos bar because he wrote a slow song. Oh, and no, its not just yours, I have heard plenty of math rock, I never liked. But no such thing as the perfect genre!. And seriously, just because I dont like it, doesnt give you any right come at me like that. Hey, I like heavy metal, you dont like it, I DONT CARE.

Dude.

I didn't "come at you". You're the one who made your criticism in a derogatory tone, not me. Also, I didn't say you didn't have a right to dislike math rock. Stop making **** up, seriously. And lastly, since when is a song that is around 200 bpm a "slow song"? If you're going to make criticisms, maybe you should know what the **** you're talking about.

I'm not saying my music is any good, but seriously, if you're going to say its bad, at least offer some viable reasons as to why you think that way. Don't just say "OH MAN, MATH ROCK SUCKS, BUT DUDE, HEAVY METALZ ROX"

I mean, at least my musical tastes have matured since middle school.
Loving the music. Pseudo has a Santana feel to it.

You obviously know what you're doing!
Quote by Mattdreyer
I wouldnt go so far as to call it math rock. Aconite Thrill I would call math rock.
But anyway i really like it. got a nice jazzy feel and the recording is pretty good. and all at 15.

That's just Hard Rock.

Sweep the Leg Johnny, Don Caballero, Slint and Minus the Bear are 'Math Rock' bands.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I like it, but it sounds very empty and repetitive without vocals.

I'm siding with this guy
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Donaldguitar
That's just Hard Rock.

Sweep the Leg Johnny, Don Caballero, Slint and Minus the Bear are 'Math Rock' bands.

I wouldn't call Minus the Bear math rock. However, Don Cab is one of the best math rock bands there is.

and thanks, ctb.
Quote by THIS ISNT WASCO
Dude.

I didn't "come at you". You're the one who made your criticism in a derogatory tone, not me. Also, I didn't say you didn't have a right to dislike math rock. Stop making **** up, seriously. And lastly, since when is a song that is around 200 bpm a "slow song"? If you're going to make criticisms, maybe you should know what the **** you're talking about.

I'm not saying my music is any good, but seriously, if you're going to say its bad, at least offer some viable reasons as to why you think that way. Don't just say "OH MAN, MATH ROCK SUCKS, BUT DUDE, HEAVY METALZ ROX"

I mean, at least my musical tastes have matured since middle school.

Wow, your a dumbass, I didnt say any of that. I never said Heavy metal ROCKZ, That would be my older brother, hes the one that actually owns his own studio and makes good music. And calling me a dick has something to with coming at me. I never made up ****, I never used a tone. My first comment was that I wouldnt like it with vocals. and 200bpm!! Are you a dumbass? That is at least 4-6 notes in between each beat!! My brother has been playing for like 20 years and he can only play 168bpm. You dont know ****. Like I said, kudos to you for making a song taht you seem to call 200bpm, And dude, its nothing but snare and guitar. And dude, If you hate my music and the songs I make, YOU can be a dick about it and say you hated it, Like you said, your entitled to your own opinion.
Haha, Clypse.

4-6 notes between each beat? You seem to be the one that doesn't know ****. Tempo is subject to the listener. He could have written the song thinking it is 200 bpm but someone listening to it may think it's only 100 bpm.

But kudos on your brother's 168 bpm. That must make him really good at composing music!

Wasco's music may lack emotion but after listening to the music I don't think his primary goal was exactly emotion in any of the songs I listened to.